Vopt lets you quickly defrag and pack your disk drives to maintain optimal performance and reliability. Vopt's speed makes daily defragging both practical and desirable. Vopt also provides tools to assist you in maintaining your system, reclaiming wasted disk space, and protecting your privacy.
Vopt offers many different lanquage choices to give you the comfort of working in your own native language.
Vopt's initial main display is a graphic map of the drive showing which clusters are fully used, partially used, and free (unused). After you do an analyze or defrag, the map shows which clusters contain normal files, fragmented files, fixed (immovable) files, excluded files, metafiles, and the hiberfile.
When you click on the map after an analyze or defrag, Vopt displays a window which lists the files using that area. You can drag a file from the list and drop it into a new location on the drive. Be sure to right-click on the list for options -- you can even compress, uncompress, encrypt or decrypt files from this window.
* Analyze - Ascertains and displays the usage for each cluster of the drive.
* Defrag - Defragments the drive.
* Batch defrag - Defragments multiple drives as selected.
* Defrag style - Selects fastest, normal, or tightest packing of files.
* Exclusions - Lets you exclude files from being moved.
* Schedule - Lets you schedule automatic defragging.
* Advanced settings - Selects advanced defrag features
* Defrag pagefile - Defragments the pagefile
* VSS compatble defrag (Vista) - Performs minimal defragging and packing so as to maintain system throughput withouut losing system restore points
Following an Analyze, or Defrag, displays important information about the drive.
Following an Analyze, or Defrag, provides links to the Usage window which lists excluded, fixed, fragmented, and large files, as well as metafiles. Drag and drop can be used to move files to a desired position on the drive.
* Cleanup - Lets you view and cleanup Cookies, Internet history, Temporary files, etc.
* Subscriptions - Lets you mark cookies for sites that you do not want to delete, so that you can use Cleanup's one click delete without fear of losing them.
* Zap free space - Clears leftover data from the drive's free space to prevent others from viewing sensitive information.
* USN Journal management - Lets you delete the $UsnJrnl file, which may otherwise consume gigabytes of drive space.
* Check disk for errors - Provides a more informative access to Window's drive error checking facility.
* Drive failure prediction - Checks the drives hardware status to ensure they are in good working order.
* Drive performane - Provides a realistic measurement of actual drive throughput.
The tools menu provides a number of useful tools for viewing system information and enhancing performance.
* Maximum partition size: 16 TB (terabytes) for volumes formatted with a normal 4096 byte cluster size. Larger cluster sizes will increase capacity; smaller cluster sizes will decrease capacity (e.g. 2 TB maximum for a 512 byte cluster size). * NAS (Netwo