VizUp Professional has the basic set of functionalities. It enables you to reduce the number of polygons in a complex 3D model while retaining the quality and appearance of the original. The end result of the reduction is a 3D model with a well-balanced level of details and size, which is perfect for the use in virtual reality and real-time visualization systems. The process of reduction is extremely simple and doesn't require any advanced knowledge. VizUp automatically picks all necessary parameters without any manual interference on your side.
Unique to VizUp is that it compresses the model for all possible ratios at once. This means you can see the effect of any compression level instantly with a click on the corresponding ratio button. Thanks to this, you no longer have to restart polygon reduction each time for 10%, 20%, 30%, and other ratios. Switch between different compression ratios, compare the resulting models and select the one that fits your requirements.
Another good thing about VizUp is its unique ability to maintain the visual fidelity of the model even at high compression ratios. In compressing a model, VizUp deletes some vertices, but the coordinates of the remaining vertices do not change. Thanks to this, there are minimal distortions during texture mapping, as texture coordinates of the vertices remain the same. However if you find that the resulting model doesn't look well, you can refine it by using the VizUp's optimization algorithm. This makes the model look very smooth.
* High quality of complex model optimization
* Extremely simple and user-friendly
* Optimization is performed automatically, no parameter tuning necessary
* Decrease the number of polygons dramatically without loosing quality
* Perform optimization only once - simultaneously for all possible reduction ratios
* Visual control for model tuning during the process of optimization
* Built-in 3D viewer is intuitive and lets you examine your model
* Batch mode reduction (available only in VizUp Ultimate)
* Supports Wavefront .OBJ, VRML 2.0/97 and StereoLitho (STL) file formats
Changelog for this release:
Advanced reduction algorithm has been released.
Added support of advanced normals generation method.
Improved StereoLitho (.STL) import/export.
Improved advanced shapes/groups processing function.
Improved texture borders preservation algorithm.
Improved texture borders processing algorithm.
Improved texture border preservation function.
Improved import/export of Wavefront .obj files.
Added support of 3GB RAM address space.
Save selected parts capability.
StereoLitho (.STL) import/export has been released.
Improved textures mapping quality (advanced algorithm).
Win98 SE or higher, 16MB RAM, 2MB HD