txt2pdf is flexible and powerful tool to convert txt, text, textual report, spool into pdf (form, invoice, report, sale sheet). It can be used alone, or you can use it from other applications to convert your documents on the fly. Convert old txt (also IBM codepage 437), spool, text, textual report to nice pdf (form, invoice, report, sale sheet) on Windows, Solaris, Linux HP-UX, AIX, Mac OS X, tru64, openvms, sco, irix, bsd, ... Support for Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Korean, Czech, Greek, Polish, Hebrew, Thai, Cyrillic languages.
Most of your documents are text files. Usually, your reports from legacy applications, COBOL applications, DBs, ERP applications and datawarehouse are textual. txt2pdf allows you to take those old text files and turn them into PDF's, which means you don't even need to pass the data through PostScript first.
You can run txt2pdf on any system that runs PERL (we have customers that use txt2pdf on OpenVMS, MPE, ...) or you can use a binary version on Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, Mac OS X (if you're interested in a binary for another operating system, such as FreeBSD, SCO Unix, Irix, Digital Unix (tru64), please let us know, and we'll send you one).
* Support for Japanese fonts (HeiseiMin-W3-90ms-RKSJ-H and HeiseiKakuGo-W5-90ms-RKSJ-H) normal, italic, bold, bolditalic and Japanese paper formats (JISB4 and JISB5).
We have set that every ascii chars is just half of a Japanese char. This allows to convert this Japanese text into this pdf!
* Support for Korean font (HYSMyeongJoStd KSCms-UHC-H) normal, italic, bold, bolditalic.
We have set that every ascii chars is just half of a Korean char.
* Support for simplified Chinese font (STSong GB-EUC-H) and traditional Chinese font (PMingLiU ETen-B5-H) normal, italic, bold, bolditalic.
We have set that every ascii chars is just half of a traditionaland simplified Chinese char. This allows to convert this traditional Chinese text into this pdf!
* Support for Czech, for Greek, Polish, Hebrew, Thai and Cyrillic. (If you want different languages or different fonts for the supported languages contact us). new
* txt2pdf supports STDIN and STDOUT.
* You can mark coloured (using regular expressions) sentences in the produced PDF files.
* You can mark bold, italic and bold italic sentences in the produced PDFfiles.
* You can add page numbers on every page.
* You can add text at the beginning and at the end of every file.
* You can add a border to every page.
* You can use background and foreground layers.
* All predefined encoding (WinAnsiEncoding, MacRomanEncoding, MacExpertEncoding, PDFDocEncoding) supported by the PDF format and the Unix default are supported by txt2pdf.
* It's possible to run through txt2pdf infinitely (every configured second, sleep feature) on a specific directory (and also its recursive directories) moving the produced PDF to a specific directory, and the original text to a specific directory.
* mailto (mailcc, mailbcc) options: the possibility to send to the specified users (to, cc, bcc) the created PDF like attach. It's possible to specify the title, the body, the SMTP host, the from user (at the moment you can use these features only with the executable versions).
* ftp support: the possibility to put the created PDF in the specified ftp site. It's possible to specify user, password and the final directory.
* EPD 1.0 support. You can use EPD inside the background layer. See this example.
* Internet specific phrases such as http://... ftp://... mailto:...file:... ldap:... news:... , setting linkuse, will automatically be made into clickable URL's.
* You can create a link to a specific age within a PDF document just adding http://...pdfdocument#pdfmark
* Every word like MIME:..., setting linkuse, will automatically become a link that launches the correct application to open that file.
* A PE (Personal Edition) License is ONLY $39.
* SANFACE Software is going to give you a free license for every good idea or good modify to txt2pdf.