TweetDeck is your personal real-time browser, connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Google Buzz and more.
Instead of a single timeline, TweetDeck allows you to create columns of specific content that interests you most (pictured below). You can create a column that shows all your mentions, the results of a search query, a list of Favorites, the latest Tweets from a hashtag or Trend... the possibilities are nearly endless!
- Simply add a column by clicking Add Column in the top navigation bar, which will open a menu that allows selection of several column types
- Once you™ve created a column, you can click Back to add another column or click the [x] in the top right corner to close the menu
If you find you have lots of unwanted updates about a topic filling up your columns, you can use the global filter to remove any content you're just not that interested in. You can use this to filter out specific twitter accounts, services, or even hashtags like #sxsw.
To create a global filter:
- Click the settings icon (looks like a gear cog) in the far right corner of the top navigation bar and select Settings
- Select Global Filter
- Choose your filter settings and select Add filter to finish
Scheduling Tweets and Direct Messages
Need to send a Tweet later? Use TweetDeck's scheduling feature to post an update for some time in the future. The scheduling option is visible when you create a new Tweet. To schedule a new Tweet:
- Click the compose Tweet icon (looks like a feather quill) in the top navigation bar
- Type in your desired message and click the time settings icon at the bottom of the pop-up composer to select a date and time (pictured below)
- When you're ready to send, click Tweet
Once you™ve given a date and time for your message, a new column will appear showing your Scheduled Tweets. This column will also allow you to edit or delete your Tweets before they™re sent. You can also attach a photo to your Tweet by clicking the camera icon. To send a Direct Message, click the message icon (looks like an envelope).
Manage all your Twitter accounts from TweetDeck without switching between them. View all of the information you need from all of your accounts at once and cross-post Tweets to different accounts at the touch of a button. TweetDeck allows you to post to Facebook accounts as well.
Changelog for this release:
- Create, edit and delete lists by clicking the Lists button.
- Keep up with the accounts you follow by adding an activity column via the Add Column window
- Monitor your mentions and more by adding an Interaction comumn via the Add Column window
- Inline media previews give you a glimpse of what's being shared. Don't want inline media? Turn it off in Settings.