Tunnelier is a SSH and SFTP client for Windows which incorporates:
* one of the most advanced graphical SFTP clients;
* state-of-the-art terminal emulation with support for the bvterm, xterm, and vt100 protocols;
* support for corporation-wide single sign-on using SSPI (GSSAPI) Kerberos 5 and NTLM user authentication, as well as Kerberos 5 host authentication;
* support for RSA and DSA public key authentication with comprehensive user keypair management;
* powerful SSH port forwarding capabilities, including dynamic forwarding through integrated SOCKS and HTTP CONNECT proxy;
* powerful command-line parameters which make Tunnelier highly customizable and suitable for use in specific situations and controlled environments;
* an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client (sftpc);
* a scriptable command-line remote execution client (sexec) and a command-line terminal emulation client (stermc);
* an FTP-to-SFTP bridge allowing you to connect to an SFTP server using legacy FTP applications;
* WinSSHD remote administration features;
* single-click Remote Desktop forwarding.
Graphical SFTP File Transfers
Tunnelier incorporates what we believe is one of the most advanced SFTP file transfer clients, with support for the following:
* automatic resuming, text file awareness, recursive subdirectory transfers;
* powerful, advanced transfer list management;
* high speed - up to 5 MB/s when connected to a WinSSHD server, network bandwidth and disk resources permitting;
* fast responsiveness to user input even when in the middle of multiple file transfers.
Tunnelier also incorporates an advanced, scriptable command-line SFTP client.
Terminal Access - Remote Console
Tunnelier provides integrated access to the SSH server's console, either via VT-100 and xterm protocols supported by most SSH servers on any platform, or via the enhanced bvterm protocol supported by WinSSHD:
* all terminal emulation is done in a regular Windows console, using standard Windows fonts, supporting standard settings for Windows consoles;
* UTF support with VT-100 and xterm, Unicode support with bvterm (full Unicode support on NT-series Windows platforms);
* full color support with xterm and bvterm;
* support for large screen buffers, all key combinations including Alt-keys and accurate console rendering with bvterm (fully accurate on NT-series Windows platforms).
Tunnelier also incorporates a command line terminal emulation client, stermc, as well as a command-line remote execution client (sexec).
When using Tunnelier to connect to a GSSAPI-enabled SSH server in the same or a trusted Windows domain, you can let Kerberos 5 (or on older platforms, NTLM) perform the server as well as user authentication for you, without you having to wiggle a toe! No manual host key verification; no management of user passwords and public keys. Just tell Tunnelier which SSH server in the domain to connect to, and if that server is WinSSHD version 4 or another server with compatible support for GSSAPI, the two programs will authenticate and establish a secure connection automatically.
Tunnelier as a Port Forwarding Client
Tunnelier is a powerful SSH2 port forwarding client with many features, including:
* Dynamic tunneling via integrated proxy supporting SOCKS4, SOCKS4A, SOCKS5 and HTTP CONNECT proxy tunneling protocols. Configure your applications to connect to target hosts through Tunnelier's proxy, and no manual tunneling rules need be configured.
* Port forwarding settings can be saved to and loaded from a profile. One can maintain multiple complex tunneling configurations without having to manually enter parameters before each session.
* Tunnelier minimizes its presence by displaying only a system tray icon when running in the background. If an error is encountered while the program is minimized, the icon reflects that.
* Server-side forwarding: with WinSSHD and Tunnelier, a server and multiple clients can be set up so that all port forwarding rules are configured centrally at the server, without requiring any client-side setting updates. The SSH clients only need to be configured once, and port forwarding rules can easily be changed when necessary.
* Command-line parameters are supported. Using command-line automation, a port forwarding session can be started from a link in the Startup menu without requiring any user interaction whatsoever. Help with the command-line parameters can be found in the Tunnelier log area when it is first started, or by executing 'Tunnelier /?' from a command prompt.
* After an SSH session is established, any external application can be launched automatically.
* If an SSH session is interrupted, Tunnelier can automatically reconnect to the server.
Changelog for this release:
* Tunnelier now includes the WinSSHD Remote Control Panel for WinSSHD versions 5.22 and newer. WinSSHD Remote Control Panel versions 5.06+, 5.11+, and 5.18+ also continue to be included.
* Fixed issue introduced in version 4.39 that prevented Tunnelier from functioning correctly when used with the -noRegistry setting.
* Fixed issue where the Tunnelier graphical SFTP interface would fail to list a drive that was completely empty of all directory entries (did not even contain the default '.' or '..' entries).