tlTerm Terminology Software (Termbase) - Professional glossary compilation. tlTerm is a fully internationalized, off-the-shelf software application for compiling terminology lists. Easy to use, fast, sports Microsoft Word integration, sophisticated searches and statistics, integrated Corpus Query System, multi-user or single-user support, supports any language (full Unicode support), integrated scripting language, industry standards (XML, TBX), real-time preview, automatic numbering, Styles system, Watch Folders functionailty. Free basic reader (tlReader) also available. Runs on both Windows and Mac OS X.
• Easy to use
• Microsoft Word integration provides translators with instant access to the terms they need
• Multi-user system with privileges and tracking
• Supports any language (full Unicode support)
• Integrated scripting [Advanced]
• Supports industry standards (XML, TBX, Unicode)
• Improves the speed, quality and consistency of terminology work
• Publish to hardcopy, Web or electronically
• Integrated Corpus Query System
• Advanced search/query system
• Multi-user or single-user support
Microsoft Word Integration
Integration with Word dramatically improves the productivity of translators and terminology practitioners by performing continuous instant lookups of the word at the current cursor position.
This also as helps ensure the appropriate and consistent use of standardised terminology. The overlay window includes shortcuts for adding new terms (when not found) or editing existing terms.
Speed Up Your Terminology Management Process
• A user-friendly design keeps initial training costs to a minimum, and underscores the principle that users should not need advanced computer literacy skills in order to use sophisticated terminology software.
• tlTerm automates many tedious aspects of data entry for you, such as automatic numbering and sorting of entries, or finding untranslated terms.
• A real-time entry preview updates as you edit, and shows you not only the current entry, but those following it, allowing you to quickly view and scroll through the entire terminology database.
• Multimedia support allows you to link images and sounds (e.g. pronunciation recordings) to entries.
• Multi-user support allows a team of users to work on a single terminology database simultaneously.
• The system keeps track of who edited what and when, and allows managers to track progress of each team member.
• An entry-locking system prevents changes made by one user from being overwritten by changes made by another user.
Windows or Mac OS X