Slam-dunk the most challenging edit tasks with TextPipe Engine - a powerful text-processing engine that combines 100+ conversion, translation and filtering operations on multiple text or binary files. Update web site text using search and replace, which supports perl pattern matching, sounds-like matching and edit-distance matching, and search/replace lists loaded from Excel/CSV/Tab files. Convert files from foreign computer systems between mainframe fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh and Unix line-feed formats. Filters can split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line, remove blank lines, remove HTML tags, remove duplicate lines, add line numbers, sort, center or right justify text, word wrap, convert between ASCII and EBCDIC, OEM and ANSI, Unicode and ANSI, remap ANSI or Unicode characters, extract email addresses, expand or contract tabs, remove backspaces, remove binary characters, pad or truncate or force lines to a predetermined width, generate word lists and much more. Restrict changes to line or column ranges, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern, and search replacements (allowing replacement text to be capitalized etc).
TextPipe can be fully automated via a web page, the command-line or scripted via a COM interface. Handles files larger than 2 GB. XML, CSV, tab-delimited or fixed width database extracts can be generated using the database connection filter. User-defined filters can be written in VBScript or JScript. Audit logs keep track of the filter lists run, files modified and changes made. More than 200 example filter files are included along with a comprehensive online manual. Winner SIA 2003 "Best Application" award
The TextPipe Engine is a much higher speed version of the same COM object that is inside the main TextPipe program. It has no GUI code to slow it down, and hence it is ideal to embed inside your application.
The Engine is packaged as an COM/ActiveX DLL rather than as a EXE. After a very simple registration process which is performed by your installation package, this DLL can be fully scripted by languages including Visual Basic, C and Delphi.
* Transparent to the end user - they need not know that TextPipe is there
* Speed - the Engine is faster than TextPipe Pro (reasons below)
* No graphical user interface (GUI), which makes it smaller and faster
* No logging - so no extra files to clutter your customer's machine. This also makes it smaller and faster
* Run existing filters
* Create and run new filters on the fly
* Can be fully embedded in your application.
Documentation is included in the download, see readme.doc.
The COM interface is fully documented in the TextPipe Pro help (see Advanced/COM interface). There is only one key difference - you create a TextPipeEngine.Application object rather than a TextPipe.Application object.
Changelog for this release:
* File grid now supports Unicode characters.
* Support for Unicode pattern matches in the files grid (perl regex mode).
* Split filter now allows Unicode filenames, and Unicode file break patterns.
* Grep filters now allow Unicode patterns (when UTF-8 support mode is enabled).