TablEdit is a program for creating, editing, printing and listening to tablature and sheet music (standard notation) for guitar and other fretted, stringed instruments, including mandolin and bass.
Additionally, TablEdit, while designed for guitarists, by guitarists, is not limited to guitar like other Tablature programs. Through ongoing consultation with experts on other instruments, TablEdit has developed support for harmonica, mountain dulcimer, diatonic accordion, drums, violin, tin whistle, recorder, xaphoon, native american flute, autoharp, pedal steel guitar, and banjo (even taking into consideration the special aspect of the fifth string).
TablEdit can open/import ASCII, MIDI, ABC, MusicXML, Bucket O' Tab, TabRite, and Wayne Cripps files. Files can be saved in TablEdit format or exported to ASCII, HTML, ABC, RTF, MIDI, Lilypond or WAV formats. TablEdit runs on Windows, Macintosh, and Windows Mobile (PocketPC.)
* TablEdit supports both tablature and standard notation.
* TablEdit features instant conversion from standard notation to tablature and vice-versa.
* TablEdit's Multi Document Interface (MDI) allows the opening of multiple TablEdit files at the same time.
* TablEdit supports English, French, German and Spanish as build-in languages
* TablEdit offers unlimited language support! (patches currently available: Chinese Big5, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Occitan, Russian and Greek).
* TablEdit has help files available in English, French, German and Spanish.
* TablEdit offers full screen multitrack entering and editing (16 tracks) and fully configurable, multitrack printing.
* TablEdit features high quality printout of tablature and/or musical staves.
* TablEdit can save an image of the printed output in a variety of graphic formats.
* TablEdit can print chord diagrams and head sheets.
* TablEdit offers playback of tablatures via Midi output with complete real time sound control (volume, balance, voices, MIDI banks...).
* TablEdit opens and saves MusicXML files.
* TablEdit allows import and export of Midi files ASCII files or ABC files. NIFF (Notation Interchange File Format) import. Lilypond, WAV and HTML export.
* TablEdit opens Waynes Cripps' Tab, Bucket o'Tab and TabRite files.
* TablEdit allows editing and construction of custom chord diagrams
* and TablEdit has many other features:
o various effects (hammer-on, pull-off, chokes, bends, slide, vibrato, roll, grace notes, muted notes, rasgueado, etc.),
o alternate tunings, transpositions,
o complete control over note duration and attack for each note,
o lyrics, fingerings and pick strokes, tempo and time signature changes, crescendo,
o notation editing features (multiple voices, clefs, key signatures, beaming and stem control, alterations, legato...),
o insertion of playing and historical notes,
* up to 16 instruments of from 3 to 12 strings each (even support for 5-string banjo, lute, fiddle, diatonic dulcimer, drums, diatonic accordion and harmonica, recorder, tin whistle, pedal steel guitar, autoharp...),
o rhythm tracks,
o support of Visualinear tablature,
o support AdTab fingerings,
o scale inspector,
o separate printout of chord diagrams,
o speed trainer,
o graphical fingerboard & keyboard,
o juke box & file manager,
Changelog for this release:
* ENHANCED NOTE PALETTE - Added Staccato, Ottave alta, Ottava bassa, Double dotted note.
* COUNT FEATURE - Type [Ctrl]+[E] and select "?".
* TRACK WINDOW - Shows uncomplete bars in yellow and too filled bars in red.
* OTHER OPTIONS - Some esotheric options are now accessible through "Options->Advanced->Others...".
* PRINT PREVIEW - several graphic file formats are now supported. It is possible to select one area with the mouse. Ability to configure the size of the exported image and its location on the disk.
* INSTRUMENT - Microtonal instrument support.
* PERCUSSION - Ability to add a symbol to the percussion.
* RELATIVE SPEED - The tuning can be adjusted via the "Tuning Fork" field.
* DRUM TABLATURE - Support of news sounds.
* LYRICS - The hyphens are now centered between the notes.
* FINGERBOARD - Ability to increase the width of the fingerboard window.
* MUSIC XML EXPORT - Many improvements in order to make easier the import in Sibelius (slurs, tied notes, voices).
* NOTATION DISPLAY - Double sharps and double flats. Better management of alterations.
* SUPPORT OF NATIVE AMERICAN FLUTE - Select the "Native American Flute" tuning in "Instrument->Tuning".
* CHORD DIAGRAMS - If the advanced option "Ad-Tab for Left Hand Fingerings" is active AND if you have entered a diagram with fingerings, these ones will appear as coloured circles.
* READING LIST - Ability to convert into a regular reading list the reading guides markers you have manually inserted in the tablature.
* SECURED SAVE - Ability to save the background bitmap with the file.
* EXPORT - Ability to save Lilypond files. TablEdit exports the modules as they are selected in Options->Multitrack and respects the voices defined by the user.
* NOTATION DISPLAY - Note stem management (length and orientation) improved.
* FINGERBOARD - The left hand fingerings - if any - are displayed.
* TABLATURE DISPLAY - Type [&] to display the treble strings in gray.
* SUPPORT OF STRUMSTICK - Select the "Strumstick" tuning in "Instrument->Tuning".
* TEXTS - The list of the predefined macros is available in the Edit Text dialog.
* NOTATION DISPLAY - Ability to adjust the horizontal position of the texts and special characters. Insert a width marker just after the special character marker. This can be useful for displaying a circled string number
* VARIOUS - During the MIDI playback, the text "%Show", activates the module where the text is inserted and display the current measure in first position.
* VARIOUS - The number after "%tempo" set the value of the displayed note: 8:eight 4:quarter 2:half.
* NOTES ENTRY - After [Tab], TablEdit selects the most proper note duration. For instance, after a dotted 1/8 note, the current duration becomes 1/16
* NOTATION DISPLAY - Ability to force a natural sign and support of the cautionary alterations.
* FINGERBOARD - Some small improvements (but not perfect yet).
* ADVANCED OPTIONS - Moved the instrument name prefix choice in "Others".
* PRINTING - Ability to print the time signature after a line break.
* IMPORT ASCII - TablEdit recognizes the line of characters that indicates the duration and which is present in some advanced TAB files. Uses the "Smart Mode" to activate this functionality.
* EXPORT ASCII - The options "Variablex" offer a more accurate and legible export. With "Variable2", the exported .txt file can be easily reimported.
* NOTATION DISPLAY - More musical symbols are now available.