SysMetrix is a skinnable clock and metering application. Its purpose is to provide system metrics in a variety of interesting, useful, and cool ways. It can monitor and report on the hundreds of statistics including:
- It supports Themes to change it's look and functionality - you pick the size, shape, and even what area will be transparent
- It has an integrated theme browser complete with automatic preview generator
- It can display the time in an analog clock
- It can display various statistics like the time/date/memory/disk/uptime/CPU/IP address/Network Traffic, etc in textual form
- It can display various statistics in a variety of different graphical ways using histograms, bargraphs, sliders, multi and dual-state images, etc.
- It can draw the histograms and bar graphs or paint them using images
- It can monitor multiple POP email accounts and report on number of unread messages and sizes
- It can play a sound once every hour or when there are unread email messages
- It can be used to display and adjust the system's volume and mute state
- It can be configured to refrain from playing sounds during specified periods of the day or night
- It can graphically depict whether the recycle bin is empty or not and whether you have unread email messages
- It can graphically depict whether the computer is connected to the network or not (LAN and dialup)
- It can auto-scale the network traffic histograms based on past history
- It can synchronize your PC's clock to an NTP server (atomic clock) on a configurable schedule
- It can anti-alias the analog clock hands, so they look smooth instead of "jaggy"
- It can do varying levels of transparency for the form if run on Windows 2000 or XP
- It can be fixed or movable, and supports multi-monitor desktops
- It can auto-adjust its position when the reserved screen area changes
- It can be on top of all windows, and even disappear on a mouseover (to work on whatever window is underneath)
- It can automatically startup with Windows
- It can be used to remote-control a WinAmp2 compatible media player (play, pause, open files, adjust volume and position, etc)
- It can be used to control the system, wave, cd, MIDI, line, and microphone volumes
- It can be used to mute the sound card, or adjust the volume from the mouse wheel.
- It can have skinnable buttons that show/empty the recycle bin, run your email client, etc.
- It can show animations that run always, or only when the CPU usage is high, you have email, there are files in the recylebin, etc.
- It can show the mouse position and the color of the pixel under the mouse, A CTRL-C copies the color to the clipboard.
- It can hide the desktop icons, and reserve screen space for itself
- You can drag and drop files onto the trash button to send them to the recycle bin
- It can check the web for possible updates and report on recent changes
- It has a configurable update interval
- When used in combination with the Motherboard Monitor, it can report on motherboard/cpu/drive temperatures, voltages, fan speed, etc.
- It can report on weather conditions such as temperature, dew point, barometric pressure, etc. via METAR reports
- It can display the time and date all over the world in dozens of timezones, even taking into accout the practice of Daylight Savings Time
- It can display any information from the Windows Registry
Changelog for this release:
Added the Veristic Colors theme to the install and made it the default theme
Updated the CPU Usage algorigthm so that it works correctly on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Updated the NIC descriptions to include FireWire and Wireless
Fixed the TCP/IP stats, which were completely broken in Vista & Windows 7
Fixed a problem where Memory in excess of 2GB was not being correctly reported and showed up as 0GB