Switch is a sound file format converter for Windows or Mac. Convert audio files from many different file formats into mp3, wav or wma. For example convert wav to mp3, mp3 to wav, wma to mp3 or many other formats. Just add the files you want to convert, select the output format, and then click convert.
Switch is not simply a mp3 converter, it is the most comprehensive and stable audio file converter around. With Switch you can convert your sound files into the formats you need to compress for storage, create ringtones, add to a presentation, listen on your portable device and much more. In fact, the possibilities are endless using this powerful audio converter.
* Automatically normalise audio while converting.
* Import multiple file formats at the same time and convert to one output format.
* Ability to play tracks prior to conversion.
* Import and convert a playlist (m3u and pls).
* Import video files and extract audio (avi, mov, mpeg)
* MP3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates from 8 to 320kbps with optional error correction and stereo modes.
* WAV encoder supports sample rates between 6000 and 196000Hz in PCM as well as a number of other audio codecs.
* Allows up to 32000 files to be converted in one batch.
* Can be run from the command line for automation with other applications.
* Optimized CPU usage and efficient code allows for fastest conversion times.
* Switch Sound File Converter integrates directly with other sound software programs including:
- Express Burn for CD Recording,
- Express Rip for Direct CD Ripping,
- WavePad for Sound File Editing,
- Zulu for Professional DJ Software,
- MixPad for Multi-track Audio Mixing,
- RecordPad for Professional Sound Recording
Pentium 300 or above with at least 16MB RAM (32MB for 2000/XP/2003/Vista), a sound card