StarStrider is a fully three-dimensional planetarium and 'software star ship'.
You can visit not only the planets and moons of our solar system, but also hundreds of thousands of other stars. And you can view spectacular galaxies, cluster, nebulae and the milky way! Relativistic space-time effects such aberration and Doppler shift are optional
Requires a 3D-card. Anaglyph 3D-glasses (for true '3D stereo') and joystick or game pad are optional.
- Contains the full Hipparcos database of 118 218 stars - plus an optional database of 2 million more stars - with true 3D-positions!
- Several star rendering modes: From simple points to Saturated Gauss bells with diffraction crosses.
- Visible extent when you get close to a star.
- Optional visual effects such as lens flares, camera burn-out, and diffraction cross'.
- Just double-click on a star to travel to it!
- View a large selection of galaxies, star clusters and nebulae, compiled from a variety of catalogues.
- Optional relativistic aberration and Doppler-shift effects - travel in a true Einsteinean universe rather than in Newtonian fashion.
- Use controllers (mice, keyboard, joysticks c) for steering your star-ship - fully configurable controls!
- Scripting engine and StarLua extension language.
- A scientifically accurate planetarium - made by an astronomer and a software engineer - both with a background in physics!
- Highly realistic rendering is possible