SSLCertScanner is the FREE network based SSL certificate scanner software. It can remotely scan SSL certificate on any host either on the intranet or internet. It can also scan single host or multiple hosts at a time. Once the SSL certificate is discovered, SSLCertScanner automatically validates it by checking for expiry date.
It supports both HTTPS (port 443) as well as LDAPS (port 636) for scanning SSL certificate. During the scan, important certificate details are displayed for each host along with status of validation.
SSLCertScanner is the standalone portable tool and works on wide range of platforms starting from Windows XP to latest operating system Windows 7.
Here are the key features of SSLCertScanner which makes it special and unique.
* Remotely scan for SSL certificate on any host in the intranet or internet.
* Scan for single host as well as multiple hosts on the network at a time.
* Support for scanning SSL certificate associated with LDAPS and HTTPS service.
* Displays detailed status for each host during scanning operation.
* Automatically validates each discovered certificate for expiry date.
* For each SSL certificate discovered during the scan, following details are displayed
o Host Address
o Certificate Subject Name
o Certificate Issue Date
o Certificate Expirty Date
o Certificate Validation Status
* Provides option to stop the scan at any point during scanning operation.
* It is standalone portable tool. Hence does not require any installation and can be run directly.
SSLCertScanner is a standalone tool and can be run directly from any system.
Here are brief usage instructions,
* Run SSLCertScanner.exe on your system. By default 'network scan' is selected. You can switch to single or network scan using the radio button.
* Next enter the IP address of the host whose SSL certificate to be scanned. For 'network scan' enter the range of IP address as shown in the screenshot 2 below.
* Then select the SSL service which is either HTTPS (port 443) or LDAPS (port 636). For scanning web server's SSL certificate choose HTTPS.
* Make sure you have entered all details properly and then click on 'Start Scan' to begin the scan.
* On starting scan, SSLCertScanner scans the host for the SSL certificate and validates it. For 'network scan' each host is scanned serially and status is displayed for each host.