The Spiceworks IT Desktop delivers nearly everything you need to simplify your IT job. Designed for small and medium-sized businesses, Spiceworks' single, easy-to-use interface combines Network Inventory, Help Desk, Mapping, Reporting, Monitoring and Troubleshooting. And, it connects you with other IT pros to share ideas, solve problems and decide what additional features you need in Spiceworks.
And, the best part? It's free, thanks to top technology vendors that sponsor Spiceworks. After all, you should spend your money on cool new hardware and software for your company, not expensive management tools!
Read on to learn more about how Spiceworks can free you from daily IT hassles.
Inventory Everything on Your Network
Inventory all of your hardware and software and other assets you care about.
* Discover the Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs and servers, routers, printers and any other IP-based devices on your network.
* Gather all of their relevant technical data plus the software, patches and services on each machine.
* Add important data such as the number of licenses you have, the purchase price and physical location.
* Keep track of other assets such as mobile phones and even office furniture. All without agents.
* Store all inventory information locally and securely on your network - so there's no concern about sensitive data flying across the Internet.
Run an IT Help Desk
If you've never used a help desk, Spiceworks will allow you to more easily manage your daily projects and user-requests - all from one interface. And if you already know how much easier a help desk can make your life, you'll be amazed how easy Spiceworks is to get up and running!
* Create a ticket in one-click if you discover an asset that requires your attention while browsing your network in Spiceworks.
* Let your clients submit tickets with attachments to you via email or the Web and then allow them to view the status of those tickets online.
* Manage tickets from anywhere using your mobile device and handy hashmark commands.
* Customize an IT portal for your users including your companys brand and helpful info such as maintenance schedules, knowledge articles and FAQs.
* Assign tickets across your IT team, attach them to hardware on your network and manage your projects.
* Easily run reports on your tickets so you can see things like due dates and which assets (or even departments!) cause you the most issues.
Monitor Your Network for Trouble
Stay in-step with what's happening on your network using the Spiceworks IT Desktop.
* See and set up alerts for Windows events that occur across your environment - so you can easily detect, diagnose and troubleshoot issues that disrupt your network.
* Automatically identify PCs and servers with low disk space, the presence of unwanted software on your network, the status of your anti-virus updates, printers with low toner & ink levels and offline servers.
* Keep tabs on things like how much bandwidth your routers are using and the health of your Microsoft Exchange server.
* Receive email alerts about potential issues.
* View all the monitors you care most about in one centralized spot.
Map Your Network
See a visual layout of your network elements and how they inter-relate.
* See how your layer-3 devices are connected.
* View how much bandwidth each of them is consuming.
* Identify network hotspots where devices or users are consuming the bulk of your bandwidth.
Report on Your Network
Spiceworks IT Desktop gives you 20 ready-to-use reports you can use and share with people who need IT information at your company.
* With one-click, see software installed on your machines, disk usage across the network, trouble tickets you've created in the past month and much more.
* Create the custom reports you need with a simple interface - including advanced SQL reports to shows granular data on your environment.
* Publish reports so others in your company can stay in the loop.
* Export any report to PDF and Excel.
* Exchange useful report templates with other Spiceworks users.
Troubleshoot Issues on Your Network
When problems arise, the Spiceworks IT Desktop helps you to quickly identify the cause and resolve the problem.
* See what software is on a machine that is causing it to run slowly.
* See a timeline of all changes that have occurred on your network.
* Launch your remote control tool from within Spiceworks.
* Compare two machines to see what settings are different.
* Ping machines to see if they are online.
* See traceroutes to identify the flow of data.
* Identify when a server is running out of capacity.
* Look up info on your Windows Event IDs in one-quick-click.
Connect with IT Pros
Spiceworks makes it easy for you to connect with the more than 700,000 IT pros like you using Spiceworks.
* Get info and answers from IT pros like you that can help you do your job.
* Access an IT Resource Center with whitepapers, buying guides, product trials and more.
* See tech product ratings, reviews & recommendations from other IT pros in the Spiceworks Community.
* Join and interact with groups of IT pros based on interests, geography, expertise and more.
* Read instructional "how-tos" IT pros have shared on how to tackle common IT tasks and challenges.
* Get tips and support on getting the most out of Spiceworks
Get the Product You Want
Spiceworks makes you a virtual extension of our development team allowing you to make the product what you want IT to be.
* Request and vote on new features.
* Pick from a variety of plugins to extend Spiceworks functionality.
* View other users' ratings of features.
* Submit feedback on existing features to help make them better.
* Preview upcoming releases.