SopCast is a simple, free way to broadcast video and audio or watch the video and listen to radio on the Internet. Adopting P2P(Peer-to-Peer) technology, It is very efficient and easy to use. Let anyone become a broadcaster without the costs of a powerful server and vast bandwidth. You can build your own TV stations comparable with large commercial sites with minimal resources. Using SopCast, you can serve 10,000 online users with a personal computer and a home broadband connection.
SoP is the abbreviation for Streaming over P2P. Sopcast is a Streaming Direct Broadcasting System based on P2P. The core is the communication protocol produced by Sopcast Team, which is named , or SoP technology.
* State-of-the-art P2P technology. Share the data among all viewers, make the channel more available and stable.
* Minimal delay in the P2P streaming market.
* Fast buffering. 10-30seconds.
* Firewall and NAT traversal technology to pass 90% P2P barriers.
* Build your own channels and broadcast it over the Internet.
* Streaming real time streams. Support for many streaming transport protocol. mms, http, etc.
* Streaming media files. Many file types: asf, wmv, rm, rmvb, mp3, etc.
* Support for loop file playing.
* Extremely low memory footprint and CPU load.
* Standard channel URL: click on any sop:// URL to play.
* Real time monitor of broadcasting source quality and network quality to help viewers to select a appropriate channel.
* Record the clips when you are watching it.
* Can play the stream with your favorite player, such as Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, VLC, etc.
* Memory buffering, no harm to the hard disk.
* Support for authentication for both the broadcasters and the viewers. The broadcaster has full control on his channels.
* End-to-End security, encrypted messages, hi level P2P security, no hijack.
* Support multiple channels broadcast on the same server. Normally, you can run 5-10 channels on one PC.
* The Sop Player can be embedded into a webpage or any software applications. It works just like Windows Media Player.
* The Sop Server and Sop Player can be run both on Windows and Linux. The whole system can be ported to embedded Linux.
Changelog for this release:
* Improved the data transfer performance.
* Added H.264 support on Vista and Windows 7.
* Added MPEG PS/TS(H.264) and SHOUTCast(MP3) broadcasting.
* Added a diagnose tool to verify system and service.
* Fixed some minor bugs on Windows 7.
* Fixed some syntax errors in changeLog.txt