If you are a novice musician or audio enthusiast, you probably dont have a fortune to spend on cutting-edge sound equipment, but you still want to have a decent platform to work and learn on. Fortunately, there is a software alternative to virtually any hardware solution these days and audio recording is not an exception. A modern computer can be used as a full-fledged sound recording studio, given that you have corresponding skills and software. So if skills are not a problem, all you need is Sonarca Audio Recorder!
* Record various sound input to dozens of audio formats and hundreds of codecs/subformats.
* Supports WAV, MP3, WMA, OGG, APE, FLAC, MP2, VQF, AIFF, AIFC, AIF, 3GP, AAC, M4A, M4B, MP4, MPC, MP+, MPP, WV, AU, SND, RAW, GSM, VOX, PCM, ADPCM, G721, G723, FAP, PAF, SVX, 8SVX, IFF, NIST, IRCAM, SF, VOC, W64, MAT, MAT4, MAT5, PVF, XI, HTK, CAF, SDS, AVR, WAVEX, SD2, WVE, RF64 and user-customized formats etc.
* Supports multiple sound input, audio/video files playback, CD player, line in, microphone, internet radio, even the obsolete tape/VHS cassette or anything else.
* The exclusive customized recording mode allows the users to record sound to customized formats thru their own encoders. Theoretically, Sonarca Sound Recorder can record sound to INFINITE audio formats.
* Studio qulity sound recording, supports ultra high sampling frequency up to 1920000 Hz and 24bit/32bit high bit resolution.
* Build-in 64 bit Digital Signal Processing engine, apply frequency filtering/amplitude gain/speed adjustment/earphone enhancement/vocal removal DSP effects to audio data.
* Supports global hotkeys, start recording anywhere.
* Mixer Device/Input Line/Volume/Balance control.
* Advanced \"Silence Detection\" feature enables automatically pausing/resuming recording according to sound volume.
* It use latest Lame MP3 encoder which is generally believed as the the best MP3 encoder in the world.
* Supports three external AAC encoder: FAAC, Nero AAC and CT AAC+.
* Lossless recording, supports many modern lossless audio formats such as WAV/WMA Lossless/APE/FALC/AIFF/WavPack etc.
* On-the-fly recording, no temporary file generated.
* Fully visualize the recording process and realtime display the spectrum of audio data.
* Intuitive output file management.
* Build-in audio metadata editor, supports ID3v1/ID3v2/APEv1/APEv2/Vorbis Comment/MPEG4/WMA/WAV/AIFF audio metadata.
* Supports auto-splitting recording mode.
* Handsfree recording when the scheduler enabled.
* Various post-recording actions: Log Off/Stand By/Hibernate/Restart/Shutdown.
* Diagnose and print detailed sound device info.
* Supports majority of modern sound cards: multi channel/professional/external USB sound cards.
* Supports several sound cards at the same system.
* All events are logged for future diagnosis.
* Windows Vista compatible and works with Windows 7.
Changelog for this release:
Added new feature: test recording without generating files.
* 1.0 GHz or faster processor
* 512 MB RAM
* 15 MB free hard drive
* Sound Card