SmartWhois is a useful network information utility that allows you to look up all the available information about an IP address, hostname or domain, including country, state or province, city, name of the network provider, administrator and technical support contact information. It helps you find answers to these important questions:
* Who is the owner of the domain?
* When was the domain registered and what is the owner\'s contact information?
* Who is the owner of the IP address block?
With SmartWhois you can focus on your work; the program will unmistakably choose the right database from over 100 whois databases all over the world and fetch the most complete results within a few seconds. SmartWhois supports Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs), so you can query domain names that use non-English characters, like German umlauts, French accent grave, or fully consist of the letters from Chinese, Hebrew, Russian, and other alphabets. It also fully supports IPv6 addresses.
* Smart operation: The program always looks up whois data in the right database; you don\'t have to waste your time trying them all.
* Integration with Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook. Look up domain owners and IP addresses in e-mail headers instantly!
* Saving results into an archive: you can build your own database that can be viewed offline.
* Batch processing of IP addresses or domain lists.
* Caching of obtained results.
* Hostname resolution and DNS caching.
* Integration with CommView Network Monitor: Can be accessed from CommView for quick, easy lookup.
* Calling SmartWhois directly from your application. See SmartWhois FAQ.
* Wildcard queries.
* Whois console for custom queries.
* Country code reference.
* Customizable interface.
* SOCKS5 firewall support.
Who needs SmartWhois
* Everyone who uses standard Whois utilities: SmartWhois saves a lot of time and does things standard Whois utilities can\'t do.
* People who hate spam or want to identify the origin of suspicious e-mail messages: check the message header and locate the real sender! You can also send e-mail to the network administrator with a mouse click.
* Webmasters who want to study the logs more carefully and are unable to identify many IP addresses.
* Online vendors who want to learn exactly where an order comes from.
* People who want to identify the origin of suspicious e-mail messages by studying the headers.
Changelog for this release:
- Internationalized domain names (IDN) are now supported.
- Unicode is now supported throughout the application. Information on domain owners in any language is now displayed correctly.
- IPv6 addresses are now supported.
- The application engine has been rewritten. The new engine supports multithreading, which dramatically speeds up processing of batch queries.
- Added support for the following domain zones: FM, AC, AR, CA, BE, CL, ASIA, TR, SK, LT, LV, HK. Updated data parser for many other domain zones.
- Displays geographic coordinates for domains or IP addresses that have LOC records.
- Automatically detects query types based on the user input.
- New query type: As IP and as domain simultaneously.
- You can perform multiple queries in the query box with a single click, simply enter multiple IP addresses or domains separated by commas.
- Multiple proxy servers are now supported. A random proxy server may be used every time the application connects to a whois server.
- Spam/abuse templates have been improved. Customization and selection of different templates for IP address or Domain abuse reports is now supported.
- The application can query multiple IP addresses assigned to a host.
- Many other improvements.
Pentium III CPU, 128 MB RAM, 5MB disk space
30 days trial