SimpleDict is a free, opensource electronic dictionary which runs natively on different platforms (Windows, POSIX).
It provides easy-to-use modern user interface, supports several dictionary formats.
SimpleDict is based on Qt4 framework.
* Different dictionary formats supported (currently XDXF and DSL)
* Colored and formatted output
* Multi-tabular interface
* Quick lookup for the entered phrases
* Quick change of direction of the translation
* Easy navigation through the index
* Easy installation of the new dictionaries
* improved rendering of DSL and XDXF
* added support of different codecs (Unicode and non-Unicode)
* new visual scheme (Green Glass) added
* tray icon added
* added Configuration dialog
* improved DictionaryManager dialog
* fixed issue with default path to the dictionaries
* a lot of small fixes and updates
* MS Windows XP SP3
* MS Windows Vista
* Ubuntu 8.10 (64 bit)
* OpenSuse 11.0 (64 bit)