Serial Monitor allows you to intercept, display, record and analyze all data exchanged between the Windows application and the serial device. It can be successfully used in application development, device driver or serial hardware development and offers the powerful platform for effective coding, testing and optimization.
Software serial port monitor Rs232 sniffer with protocol analyzer and packet data logger. This monitoring utility can spy, capture, view, log, analyze, test com ports activity performing com port connection and traffic analysis with data acquisition and control. You can use this system as device interface testing tool, modem data transfer viewer and so on. Serial Monitor can be successfully used for monitoring data flow between serial devices and Windows application, debugging com port connections, developing, reverse-engineering and implementing serial protocol, serial device driver development, serial hardware development, research the functionality of any third-party software and hardware, testing software and hardware. Serial Monitor can be successfully used by programmers, beta-testers, software developers, hardware engineers, IT support specialists, industrial control personnel, SCADA software engineers, science technicians, systems integrators, consultants, lab experts, University students.
* interception and analysis of data transfers between any serial device and Windows application
* debugging any serial software or hardware
* development of serial peripheral hardware
* development of serial device drivers
* researching the functionality of any third-party software and hardware
* implementing, debugging and testing serial protocol between device and device driver
* analyzing and reverse-engineering protocols
* recording and replaying logs while debugging the implemented protocol
* spying and logging RS232/422/485 communications
* serial port bridging and analyzing
* parsing MODBUS protocol messages
* debugging and testing MODBUS device
* writing and executing java scripts for custom serial data manipulation
* software developers
* hardware engineers
* IT support specialists
* industrial control personnel
* SCADA software engineers
* science technicians
* systems integrators, consultants
* lab experts
* University students
Changelog for this release:
A system may crash when power policy is changed for some serial devices with Serial Monitor installed. Fixed.
Application may fail to start
Sometimes an application may fail to start. Fixed.
Application hangs or crashes on startup
Serial Monitor hangs or crashes on startup if you do not install Scripting feature. Fixed.
Integration with Windows Error Reporting
Application now fully integrates with Windows Error Reporting. If it ever crashes or hangs, you can submit the report, which will allow us to fix a bug and provide a solution.
512MB RAM 512MB free HDD space