Robo-FTP is a secure, script-driven Windows FTP client designed to conduct unattended file transfers with normal FTP and 128-bit SSH and SSL secure servers. New features include an integrated script editor and scheduling utility. Robo-FTP also features integrated PGP encryption/decryption to maintain the highest level of data security.
Robo-FTP also supports integrated zip archive management, sending and receiving e-mail messages (no separate e-mail client required), single command local-server synchronization, capability to compare local and server files by date, time, and size, and to write messages to the NT event log, and a COM/OLE interface. A utility is provided to install Robo-FTP as a service on NT class PCs; a script file wizard is provided to build basic scripts by following simple "fill in the blank" style prompting. Robo-FTP is designed around a script language consisting of 100+ commands designed to automate virtually any FTP file transfers.
While Robo-FTP design is centered around the execution of script files, the product also includes a simple but capable FTP client applet for general use and for use while testing scripts. Under the control of its script language, Robo-FTP can be directed to connect with one or more FTP servers, send and receive text and binary files, and detect and recover from errors at any time of the day or night. Robo-FTP maintains a detailed log file to record the events of a file transfer session. Each log file entry is stamped with the system date and time and records the step-by-step activity of a session for later review. Each log entry is immediately written to the log file so it is always up to date.
In summary, Robo-FTP has been designed from the ground up as an unattended, secure file transfer package. Many other popular FTP packages designed for attended operation are excellent if you are there to drive, but often come up short if your needs call for unattended operation. For those times, there is Robo-FTP.
Powerful security features help ensure compliance with corporate policy and new government regulations.
*128-bit SSH (SFTP) and SSL/TLS (FTPS and HTTPS) authentication and encryption
* Integrated PGP encryption/decryption
Simple configuration tools get you up and running quickly
* Script Wizard automates simple tasks without writing a single line of code
* Script Editor includes syntax highlighting and context sensitive help
* Help file includes extensive examples -- automate complex workflows by simply copying and pasting
Robo-FTP provides powerful, yet simple tools for automating file transfers and related tasks.
*Fine control over send/receive criteria such as time/date stamp, file size, and file name
* Complete complex tasks like syncing a remote and local file structure with a single command
* Run in the background as a Service
Robo-FTP is built from the ground up to integrate seamlessly with existing processes.
*Control Robo-FTP directly from your application using COM/OLE with C++, VB, C#, etc.
* Robo-FTP can launch (or be launched by) any other process (batch file, executable, scheduler app, etc.)
*Pass parameters to your Robo-FTP scripts from the command line and generate custom exit codes to return back to your application, batch file, etc.
Automate more than just file transfers.
*Zip/Unzip with password protection
* Copy, delete, and move operations both on the local and remote system
Rest assured that your processes are running reliably
* Customizable logging
* E-mail notification
* Dashboard for monitoring and managing jobs
Changelog for this release:
* DIFF and FTPDIFF commands now create empty database and regard all files as new if there is no pre-existing snapshot database
* FTPS Servers that do not support encryption now automatically fall back to using an unencrypted data channel
* HTTP authorization type can now be specified on the FTPLOGON command line with the /auth=[basic|ntlm|digest] option
* Improved DELETE and FTPDELETE performance when using wildcards
* Import settings now allows importing settings from either current user or all user when running as an administrator
* DELETE, FTPDELETE, and FTPDELDIR now report the names of the files they delete when using wildcards
* Robo-FTP no longer has any components shared with older versions or Robo-FTP Server
* TRACELOG output could hang
* Some servers with non-standard PASV responses did not work
* Default site checkbox on FTP Applet logon dialog not checked when default site was selected
* Renaming relative paths in SSH did not work correctly.
* The Configurator's create Start Menu shortcut functionality was broken
* Possible buffer overrun in variable handling
* Resource leak removed. Robo-FTP no longer begins to misbehave after running for long periods of time
* FTPDELETE no longer corrupts variables returned by the GETSITEFILE command
* DELETE no longer corrupts variables returned by the GETNEXTFILE command
* Possible buffer overrun if remote server's welcome message was to long
* Active mode FTP could hang before issuing the PORT command causing the connection to time out
* Possible hang in FTPLOGON command removed
* FTPDELETE could fail to delete files that matched its wildcard specification