R-Updater is a very useful tool to keep your installed programs up-to-date. Upon installation R-Updater creates a list of installed programs and checks on a pre-scheduled time if there are new program versions available. When it detects a new version, it notifies the user that it is time to update the program. Then the user can click the program to be updated and receive a link to download the new version the program. If there are several programs for update, the user can mark the necessary programs and do this through one action.
* More Secure - Keeping your software updated to the latest stable version is the best safeguard against viruses, security loopholes and other malicious attacks on your computer or network. R-Updater does this automatically for all of your installed programs so you'll never be caught off guard. As an additional layer of security, R-Updater automatically runs a virus scan on itself each time it's launched in order to check for corruption.
* More Efficient - Most software distributors package their applications with their own software updaters. These run in the background-consuming resources and slowing your machine's performance-or only when the program is launched. R-Updater let's you monitor all of your programs for updates, patches and bug fixes with a single, lightweight process. R-Updater loads after all Windows processes are running to prevent slowing down your system startup and unloads itself from the RAM if no updates are found.
* More Portable - R-Updater is also available in a portable version. Simply load it up on a removable media drive-such as a Flash drive or a USB thumbdrive-and run it directly from the media. No installation required; great for tech support teams.
* More Flexible - Set up R-Updater to automatically update all of your software to the latest major release with as much or as little notification as you'd like. You can also choose to check for beta releases or manually add or omit programs to be checked for updates.
* Giveaway of a Day: A daily updated link to a program which today is a freebie.
* Automatic scan for programs to check for updates.
* Manually added programs to check for their updates.
* Automatic update check completely transparently for the user. You do not need to take any actions to check for new versions available for your installed programs.
* Flexible notification. You may select if you want to be notified about all program releases, including beta versions, or major releases only.
* Versatile scheduler. You may select check time individually for a program,or use default settings.
* Flexible Internet connection settings: support for proxies or direct Internet connections.
* Automatic check against virus infection of R-Updater.
* Small system resource consumption: quiet start when all windows processes are already running to prevent delay in windows startup time and automatic unloading from RAM if no update has been found.
* Manual search for programs that are not installed on your computer.
* Smart info filtering with manual settings to display only that informationabout the programs you want to see.
At least 10 MB of of free disk space to install