Quitter is a Twitter client that doesn't announce itself to the entire cube farm; it runs in a command window (or "DOS window"). There's no installer and no entries in the Start Menu; it will run from a thumbdrive. It's a single small EXE file (about 105k) and it stores its settings in a small XML file.
With Quitter, you can...
* Read, post, reply and retweet.
* Organize the people you follow into groups and read tweets by group.
* Filter (or highlight) tweets from specific users or that contain certain #hashtags.
* Use URL shorteners like TinyUrl.com for tweeting URLs.
* Easily open tweeted links from other users in your default browser (no copy/paste needed)
* Send and receive direct messages
* Follow or unfollow other users
Quitter runs on Windows 2000/XP/Vista and requires Version 2.0 of the Microsoft .NET Framework or higher (version 2.0 was released in 2006; most Windows machines should have version 2.0 or higher).
Quitter is free (as in beer) and open-source and will always be both.