Puggle is a desktop search engine written exclusively in Java. It provides full text search over files, folders, music, photos, web pages and more that are stored locally on your computer.
With Puggle it is able to create many different indices, each with different configuration. For example, you may have a different index for your music collection as well as your documents. Each of them can be used on demand, by simply loading it.
Furthermore, Puggle supports indexing of portable devices, like USB flash drives or external hard disks. The index will be stored in the device, using relative paths, allowing to search over the data very quickly on any computer.
Puggle is built in top of the famous Apache Lucene library and can run in various operating systems, including MS Windows and Linux.
* Search your personal documents (files, pictures, presentations, etc).
* Search your music based on title, artist, year, genre.
* Search your pictures and other media files.
* Search huge amounts of books, papers, reports, etc.
* Search all the above together!