The Portfolio Optimization model calculates the optimal capital weightings for a basket of financial investments that gives the highest return for the least risk. The unique design of the model enables it to be applied to either financial instrument or business portfolios. The ability to apply optimization analysis to a portfolio of businesses represents an excellent framework for driving capital allocation, investment, and divestment decisions.
* Ease and flexibility of input, with embedded help prompts.
* Ability to specify the number of units held in each product or business.
* Specify minimum and maximum constraints for the optimized portfolio.
* Unique 'Maintain Current Return Level' option to ensure that return is not deteriorated at the expense of risk.
* Ability to modify the correlation matrix and portfolio dynamics prior to the optimization process.
* Intuitive graphical result display with Monte Carlo simulation, including probability analysis on specified 'Target' return level.
Requires Microsoft Excel 97 or higher