PolyEdit is both a word processor and a plain text editor that is designed to satisfy the most demanding requirements. All the expected functions are featured, including the usual text formatting tools, customizable toolbars, print preview, tables, columns, templates, spell checking, syntax highlighting (for HTML and other languages), and the ability to embed images, equations, graphs and other objects. PolyEdit supports multiple document formats and encodings: RTF, MS Word 95-2007, MS Excel 97-2003, MS Write, WordPerfect, MS-DOS, Unicode (UTF-8 and UTF-16), Mac, Unix, etc.
It also has the ability to compress and encrypt documents for total security. Another key feature of PolyEdit is its unique tabbed interface with free and intuitive docking of documents and tools. Various plug-ins for adding extra functionality are available as well. PolyEdit offers an enormous variety of other tools and features that the list above shows only a small part of what this multipurpose word processor can do for you.
Key Word Processing Features
* Amazingly small, reliable, and fast word processor that requires very little resources to run
* Editing environment includes all the standard word processing features, plus support for embedded images and objects
* Unique tabbed document interface (PolyDocking™ 2.0) for better productivity
* Support for numerous document formats and encodings: RTF, MS Word 95-2007, Corel WordPerfect, Unicode (UTF-8, UTF-16 with BOM, UTF-16LE, and UTF-16BE), MS-DOS, Unix, etc.
* Extensible with various add-ons
* Intuitive and highly customizable user interface
* Advanced search and replace functions with support for regular expressions
* Useful tools for information management: Catalog, Snippets, etc.
* Enhanced security features (military-grade 448-bit encryption)