PlainEdit.NET is a text editor for ANSI, UTF-8 and Unicode files. Syntax highlighting is supported for the most common Web, script and programming languages. Many functions for text conversion, formatting, decoding and encoding are included.
* PlanEdit.NET can open multiple files at the same time (tabbed interface)
* Many text conversion function
* Syntax highlighting for the most common Web, script and programming languages
* Loading, editing and sving file in ANSI, UTF-8, Unicode and Unicode big-endian
* Files with Windows, MacIntosh and Unix line breaks are supported
* Automatically replace special characters to HTML encoding
* User defined templates for fast file and text creation and editing
* Page setup (with header and footer) and print preview
* Snippets (templates, code snippets and other text) can be inserted via a sidebar
* Incremental text search (forward and backward)
* Search and replace text with regular expressions - in not opened files too
PlainEdit.NET runs in multi user environments as well on USB sticks.
Changelog for this release:
[+] when saving files ("Save as ") is adopted for the default file name and the title of the tab. This applies to articles which were created by plugins.
[+] The default highlighter (Highlighters.xml) was the Syntax "Web scripts" extended, which emphasizes only script in Web pages. SGML and HTML tags are not highlighted.
[+] Export plug-in: There are now additional options for HTML export.
[+] Some minor changes to the menu and the editor.
[+] Export plugin: Various minor changes, especially when saving the report.