PHiSearch is a fast and multipurpose text search utility for Microsoft Windows. It can search text in any kind of ASCII and Unicode files.
PHiSearch is a handy tool for software developers who work on different text files (like .cs, .sql, .xml, .html, etc.). You do not need to worry about the file extensions, PHiSearch has an algorithm which will identify a text file based on its content.
It is a donationware, which means anyone can use it for free but donations are appreciated.
* Search a literal text in ASCII or Unicode files irrespective of file extension
* Supports regular expressions
* Use wildcard masks to filter files
* Displays filtered files if no search text is specified
* File previewer displays entire file content
* Perform operations on searched files
* Export searched results to HTML, XML or text file
* Configure an external viewer (like Notepad++) for viewing and editing files
* Integrated with Windows Explorer
* Simple and innovative UI
* Multi-tab interface
* Works on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 2003, 7 and 2008 (32 bit and 64 bit)
.NET 4.0 Client Profile