As the volume and quality of Internet / network connection keeps growing, it has become more important to accurately monitor the actual speed of data transfers. OMNIQUAD Personal Firewall offers customizable security using user-defined rules for packet filtering. It keeps your computer shielded from hackers by blocking all unsolicited network connections and traffic to your computer without hampering your browsing experience. In addition to making your computer invisible, it gives you full control over what programs on your computer gain access to the Internet, whether you are on your LAN at work or dialing out or using an ADSL or cable modem to go online.
OMNIQUAD Personal Firewall is designed to protect your PC against attacks from the internet via a local area network and supports multiple adapter configurations. It allows you to apply rules and prompts you for required actions when it detects an unknown packet. It monitors any Internet connection in real time and prevents any unauthorized traffic. Real time traffic monitoring enables you to react instantly to threats and also helps you identify bandwidth bottlenecks.
Traffic Oscillograph, a rare feature with OMNIQUAD Personal Firewall, dynamically presents the network traffic in a continuous and graphical manner. OMNIQUAD Personal Firewall allows you to create rules manually and supports rules for applications, intranet, Network and time type (an intelligent feature that grants access to applications and programs on particular days of the week).
OMNIQUAD Personal Firewall gives you 3 security level of protection on the local network / dial up/ ASDL and cable modem connections. In each of these levels, you can still navigate the web without any limitations and programs you have already given access to will work.
* Blocks all unsolicited network connections and traffic to your computer
* Kernel-level packet filtering used to protect your network from internet and worm/virus/Trojan attacks
* Protects Local shared Resources
* Real-time network traffic indicator
* IP address range blocking facility
* Option of selective port opening
* Oscillograph dynamically shows the network traffic
* Monitors websites, Intranet, ICMP, listening Ports and connections
* Maintains Log File for details of accessed Applications, Intranet, ICMP
* High degree of customization for individual applications, websites, intranet, ICMP, internet and network
Omniquad Personal Firewall - Standard Filtering Options
Stop and Pass All - Stops filtering and passes all future access requests to/from the network
Start - Starts filtering all future access requests as per the pre defined and custom rules
Stop and Deny All - Stops filtering and denies all access requests to/from Network [very useful when you suspect your system has been infected with a virus/spyawre]
Pentium Class or higher,300 Mhz Processor, 64 MB RAM, 20 MB HDD