Why type the same phrases again and again? Why mistype? Why not let the computer do repetitive and boring tasks? Why not have macros working in any Windows application?
Perfect Keyboard is an award-winning, time-saving utility running under the Windows operating systems. The program allows a user to create a file of frequently used phrases, paragraphs, e-mail addresses, macros, clipboard entries, scripts, etc. and use them in any application just by typing a short abbreviation (text shortcut) or pressing a hotkey (key shortcut). The Perfect Keyboard supports macro recording (keyboard and/or mouse events) so that user can simply record macros rather than program them. The Perfect Keyboard scripting language (150+ commands) allows one to insert time and date, activate a window, launch applications, manage files and directories, work with clipboard, download files, format text and more. Creating macros doesn't require any programming skills thanks to visual editing tools.
- Easy to use three-pane user interface: Macros are organized to user defined groups (similar to folders in Windows Explorer) for simpler navigation and management. Macro properties are showing in tabbed pane where can be easily modified.
- Simple visual macro editing. It is not necessary to know the macro language syntax. Each command and its parameters is visually edited in its own edit window.
- Fully featured macro editor with integrated debugger. Easily debug macros and watch variable values.
- Smart macro recorder. Macro recorder detect when a window where macro is being recorded is changed and automatically adds code for appropriate window activation. Macro playback reliability is much improved.
- Security - macro file is encrypted and thus it is not possible to view its content in other program or file viewer.
- Password protection - macros can be password protected so that only authorized persons can view/run/modify them.
Sharing macros in work group. It is possible to share macros over LAN network so that all employees have access to the same macros.
- Generate a file for FreeMacroPlayer. * FreeMacroPlayer is a free environment allowing to trigger and play macros the same as in Macro ToolsWorks.
- Application specific macros - the same macro trigger can start different macros in different applications. This allows user to unify computer environment.
Variety of ways how to fire macro via keyboard:
# Auto text - specify the text that you want to be able to automatically insert in other target windows (word processor, e-mail, chat, web forms, etc.). When you start typing such a text a small assistant window with selection of matching "auto text" macros is shown for fast insertion.
# Text shortcut - specify the macro text and its text shortcut (for example ".sct"). Typing the text shortcut causes the macro text replaces the text shortcut typed.
# Hot keys - specify hotkeys (for example "Ctrl+Alt+H") that cause the macro is started.
# Extended hotkeys - two hotkeys combination to trigger the macro. For example "Ctrl+Alt+H" followed by "Ctrl+1" starts one macro while "Ctrl+Alt+H" followed by "Ctrl+2" starts other macro. Improves organizing of larger number of hotkeys.
- VBA-compatible Basic script with script editor, debugger and dialog box editor. *
- Strong macro language with over 150 commands: Commands covers all aspects of computing:
# Files & Folders handling - copy/move delete files and folders. Create ZIP archives and self-executable archives. Print files.
# Send keystrokes and mouse clicks. Imitate user interaction with computer. Insert paragraphs of text while working with document editor, e-mail client, chat tool... Insert date & time automatically.
# Find an image on screen - add "eyes" to your macros, no more "blind" clicks. The command allows the macro writer to programmatically recognize objects (web images, controls, etc.) and click on them reliebaly.
# Execute other programs, run shell context menu commands, run macros in external macro files.
# Use variables to write more complex macros. Variables can be multi dimensional arrays and can be easily persisted to a file. Many variable manipulation operations are available (string operations, text operations, expression evaluation, etc.).
# Rich macro flow controls - "if-else-end", conditional and unconditional loops, "go-to", procedures, "wait", etc.
# Strong error handling - any command execution error is either immediately reported by an error message box or can be programmatically handled. This is fully up to macro designer.
# User defined message box, user defined forms (with edit controls, radio buttons, check buttons, combo boxes, etc.), user defined menus.....
# POP3 e-mail support (receive list of messages waiting on server, receive e-mail, delete e-mail). Send e-mail using SMTP or send e-mail using default e-mail client installed.
# FTP commands to download, upload, delete, etc. files.
# Manipulate windows - activate, move, resize, close, etc.
# Copy data to clipboard, empty clipboard, paste data from clipboard, save clipboard content to file load it again.
# Command macros itself - enable/disable macros, enable/disable group of macros, etc.
# Manipulate registry - read and write data from/to registry, create new registry keys, delete registry data, etc.
# Enumerate running processes, kill given process, determine whether particular process is running.
# More commands - set default printer, shutdown computer, set system time, empty recycle bin, enable/disable screensaver, and many others.
Changelog for this release:
- Free edition with limited functionality is available.
- Perfect Keyboard LITE edition is discontinued. The Perfect Keyboard LITE version 7.5.0 will be available to current customers only. The users of LITE edition need to consider either upgrade to Standard edition or downgrade to Free edition.
- It is not necessary to release control key to repeatedly start macro using hot key. If hot key is Ctrl+D then it is possible to just hit D key while keeping Ctrl key down.
- Standard Edition can run Basic Script scripts.
- Fixed a problem when macros running in Excel sometimes caused the Excel to crashed.
- Mouse buttons are not automatically released after macro is finished.
- Fixed a problem when extended hot keys sometimes reacted after too long time.
- Performance was improved, the program does not consume CPU when active windows are switched.
- HTML export improved and an option to export all macro attributes was added.
- Exit code added to command.
- Fix: clipboard macros now works properly in Word 2010.
- Added support for mouse wheel, including macro recorder.
- Added support for keyboard connected/disconnected detection.
- command fixed to properly work on Windows 7 and Vista.
- Added "disable" menu item to folder and macro context menus. It is possible to enable/disable folders and macros by holdong "Alt" key and click.
- Fixed screensaver related commands.
- Added "double-click" command .
- Added "square root" operation to (..., CALC_EXPRESSION, ...) command.
- Fixed a problem when window was not properly activated before macro was started.
- Fixed a problem with "File Save Operation Failed >>> OS reports error:....".
- Fixed a problem with indexing macro variable in arrays (when variable index is "01" or "02" instead of "1" or "2").
- Fixed window browse button to uses WIP.
- Fixed a problem with mouse triggers on dual screen computers
- Fixed a problem when the program sometimes did not start minimized to tray as defined in settings.
- Fixed program crash when opening an old version file.
- Fixed a problem with expression evaluation.
- Fixed a problem when clipboard macros content was not loaded if macro file was "read only".
- Many other smaller changes and fixes...
Pentium 90MHz, 64MB RAM, 15MB disk space, Internet Explorer 4.0 or newer