PDF-ShellTools is a software that extend the Windows Shell and provide access to several tools to work with PDF documents directly from the Shell environment.
With it we can perform many common tasks with our PDF documents without the need to open Adobe Acrobat or another PDF desktop application.
Directly from the Windows Shell is practical but sometimes it is better if we can control the power the tools provide from batch and script operations, or even, from another application. To allow that, they also provide command line interface and DLL exported functions.
The current implementation group this tools:
* PDF-InfoTip - Show file metadata information in shell Infotip balloons.
* PDF-InfoEdit - Property sheet to edit the metadata information.
* Insert/Append/Attach on Drop - Insert, append or attach supported document(s) onto a PDF file, by drag dropping it onto that PDF file.
* Column Handler - Supported in Windows 2000 and XP, provides the ability to add new columns to the details view of Explorer window to display, in our case, PDFs metadata. Very useful to easily identify and sort PDFs.
* Property Handler - Introduced in Windows Vista, this powerful extension provides Shell read and write access to, in our case, PDFs metadata.
* Shell Context Menu Tools - Accessible from the Shell file context menu, the menu that pop-up when we right click a file in the Windows Shell.
* PDF-Anonymize - Remove all the metadata traces from the PDF files.
* PDF-Rotate pages - Rotate PDF document pages by 90 increments.
* PDF-Split/Extract - Extract pages, or range of pages, into new PDF documents.
* PDF-Delete pages - Delete pages, or range of pages, from selected PDF documents.
* PDF-Merge/Rearrange - Merge several PDF documents, or rearrange source file pages structure, into a new PDF document.
* PDF-Insert/Append - Insert one, or more, documents pages after, or before, a specified page number of another PDF document.
* PDF-Attachments - Add, remove, consult and extract PDF file attachments.
* PDF-Set Open Options - Configure the initial view of PDF documents. Can set, full screen mode, initial page, initial magnification, layout, page mode, etc.
* PDF-Set/Reset Password Security - Control the access to the PDF documents contents using password protection.
* PDF-Stamp/Watermark - Stamp text, images geometric shapes and PDF page contents, into PDF documents pages.
* PDF-Extract Text Content - Extract the PDF documents text content into text files.
* PDF-Renamer - Rename, and organize by folders, the PDF documents using its metadata information as source to compose the file name or folder structure.
Changelog for this release:
* The manager can now configure the Property Handler to map any of the metadata fields, specially the custom defined, to any of the properties registered in the Shell. This enable the possibility to add system standard properties, such as Comments and Rating, to PDF's too!
* The InfoTip Handler can now show custom defined metadata fields in the info tip balloons.
* Delete source files on successful completion option added to the PDF-Merge/Rearrange and PDF-Insert/Append tools.
* As usual with new versions, includes many bug fixes and other small improvements.