PDF Explorer is a PDF and CHM file management software.
It allows the effortless indexation of our pdf and chm documents in a database file using several metadata fields like: Filename, file size, file date, Title, Subject, Author, Creator, Producer, Creation Date, Modification Date, Number of Pages, and a maximum of 100 custom fields to enter custom data.
With PDF Explorer we can easily index our entire collection of documents, spread by several disks, network places and also within ZIP, RAR and ACE compressed archives.
We can then search through all the files using boolean expressions and full text search, view them, extract images, extract text, apply batch functions, and more.
PDF Explorer can also read out loud the documents text so we can relax our eyes, or create wav or mp3 audio files we can listen later.
PDF Explorer also includes a Web Server, providing remote access to some of the program functionalities using a simple web browser. We can leave the server running at home and access to our pdf collection from work office, or vice versa. We can also construct, with this functionality, a server-client schema at our office LAN.
- Multilang interface and User's guide (many languages already available)
- Index PDFs and CHMs local files, network places, and even inside .zip, .rar, .7z and .ace compressed archives.
- Web interface, provided by an embedded HTTP server.
- Index documents metadata and pages text.
- Add and edit metadata fields, including XMP.
- Edit the metadata fields with the help edit assistants, such as the Quick Image OCR that help in the extraction of metadata from raw image only documents.
- Full text search
- Boolean search
- Raw images viewer, editor and extractor.
- Text viewer and extractor
- Batch tools to rename, extract images, print, and more.
- Text to speech read out loud feature, SAPI4/5 voices compliant.
- Speak text to file, in wav or mp3 format.
- ISBN and DOI numbers catcher/sniffer and resolver
- Rotate Pages tool
- Anonymize tool, to remove all traces of metadata info
- Split/Extract and Merge/Rearrange pdf pages tools
- Stamp/Watermark pdf document pages with text, image and geometric shapes
- Set PDF open options.
- Easily get ride of your PDF file duplicates with the Find Duplicates tool.
- Extend the tools with custom developed Windows Automation enabled scripts, compatible with the Windows Scrip Hosting, using the built-in and very complete editor and debugger, with access to the richness set of PDFE functionality.
- Add, remove and open pdf file attachments
- Import and export metadata fields
- Grid layout editor
- Database maintenance and backup features