PCLTool SDK is a collection of tools to convert all levels of complex HP PCL text, raster and vector files into bitmap formats (TIF, in-memory DIB, PCX, DCX, BMP, XPS and PNG) or vector formats (in-memory GDI, .PDF, WMF and EMF) with matching TrueType fonts for those used to create the HP PCL print file. These tools can also completely de-construct the most complex print streams into text and image resources for output management tools to use to re-engineer into completely new documents.
PCLTool provides a full text search of multi-page PCL print files. It can generate a hit list of all the pages found, with accuracy percentages, across multiple print files in a directory. The user can select which PCL pages on the hit list to extract, view and/or print.
The PCLTool SDK is available in five options:
Option I is a dynamic link library (.DLL) for applications that require custom programming and seamless integration. PCLTool comes with a sample application that exercises all the functions of both the PTC32.DLL and PTV32.DLL.
Option II is a 100-unit license for PCLView and/or PCLPrint programs that combined can Index, Search, Retrieve, View or Print to any Windows printer driver.
Option III is mainly for using PCLXForm with a script for PCL to PDF (only) conversion with optional text extraction.
Option IV is mainly for using PCLXForm with a script for conversion of PCL to TIF, PNG and all other formats (except PDF) with optional text extraction.
Option V is for developers that need a quick to develop, easy to maintain and very extensible solution for complex transformation applications. Option V provides the full capabilities of our powerful .TPT script programming language. To split, index, transform, streamedit, extract text, merge and sort PCL documents within a print stream.
* DLLs with Sample Programs: All high/low level function calls are exercised in our sample programs.
* WINFMOVE can convert the TrueType typefaces that come with Windows for support of these fonts.
* Speed: PTC32 was designed to rasterize fonts on-the-fly and does it in a heartbeat!
* PTC32 Log File: If PTC32 encounters any warnings or error conditions, or PCL that requires it to make a decision, a log file is automatically generated.
* Font Substitution Map: A font map can be used to substitute metrically correct scalable fonts for bitmaps.
32-Bit and 64-bit Windows Operating Systems