PCBoost also takes advantage of multi-core processors found in most computers today. Generally the more CPU cores you have the faster your computer will operate, however most applications are not written to take advantage of multi-core processors. When a multi-core processor is detected PCBoost instantly instructs the foreground application to run on a CPU core that is being used the least. For instance if your computer has two CPU cores and core one is at 75% and core two is at 25%, then PCBoost will make sure the application will run on core two. This feature allows applications to always have the most processing power available and instantly makes your computer run faster.
Any application that requires excessive processing power can instantly become faster when PCBoost is installed. It's as easy as downloading the current version of our software, clicking the install button and letting everything work on its own. PCBoost's simple to use interface allows you to set it and forget it, and let PCBoost automatically make your applications work faster. For the power computer users we do offer many settings, such as how fast applications should be accelerated, which applications should be blocked from being accelerated, if PCBoost should start up with Windows and many numerous other settings that are available for you to control. You can decide if you want to fine tune PCBoost or let it work on its own - our software works with the novice all the way up to expert computer users. Download a trial version of PCBoost and take control of your computer.
Details and Features
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP & Windows Server 2008, 2003. 32-BIT/64-BIT ready.
- Optimizes games and applications by increasing the processor priority thread of the currently active application, allowing these programs to run faster.
- Runs in the background, which allows the software to run quietly and accelerate applications without user interaction.
- New ideal processor setting automatically sets applications to use processor cores that are not being fully utilized.
- Processor benchmark test feature has been added in to get an estimate of how fast and stable your computer processor is.
- Built-in and fully editable block list of applications which are not compatible, to prevent problems with the software such as slowdowns or computer crashes.
- New and improved modern user interface, easy and intuitive to use and compliant with Windows user interface guidelines.
- Software updates can be downloaded and installed directly from inside the application without having to visit our web site.
Changelog for this release:
Fixed problem where updates would not show up correctly for some
users when they attempted to do an update from within the main window.
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or higher
* Intel Pentium 90 MHz or higher (P 166 MHz recommended)
* 8 Mb RAM (32 Mb recommended)
* 5 Mb hard disk space
* VGA or higher resolution monitor
* Mouse or other pointing device
30 days trial