to use backup solution Ocster Backup Pro 5, it adds a great feature for businesses: it allows backup plans from multiple computers to be monitored from a single PC. With this the administrator or owner of the company can review all the backups with only a handful of clicks and be certain that all the computers in the office are safely backed up.
Ocster Backup Business also provides a feature called "Versioning". Versioning means that the software keeps multiple old versions of your files and you can access them at any time. A big percentage of data losses are accidental file modifications or deletions. This feature makes it easy to recover your data if you make a mistake.
Like Ocster Backup Pro 5, "Automatic Pausing" is another highlight. Ocster Backup Business will automatically pause the backup process when you need the full power of your computer. Never be bogged down by your backup software again!
Apart from backing up files and folders, the software also features built-in support for backing up emails and calendars from Microsoft Outlook.
Ocster Backup Business also provides a facility for highly secured data storage in professional data centers with Ocster Secure Storage. There the data is as safe as possible: protected from theft, fire, lightning and even disasters like hurricanes.
Ocster Backup Business is really easy to use and requires no technical knowledge at all. With the software's scheduled automatic backups you simply select what to back up and when and that's it. The software will automatically keep your business data safe!
- Fully Automatic: Creates fully automatic backups of your data
- Easy to use
- Remote Monitoring: Backup plans from multiple computers can be monitored from a single PC.
- Versioning: Easily access and restore different older versions of your files.
- Automatic Pausing: Backups are done in the background and are automatically paused to prevent them from slowing down other programs. Various system characteristics are monitored, e.g. CPU usage, I/O usage, fullscreen applications, etc.
- Outlook Support: Back up your Microsoft Outlook emails and calendars with a single mouse click.
- Stop & Resume: Backups can be stopped and resumed. This is handy when the computer needs to be shut down, for example.
- Backup Reports: Detailed backup reports can be generated each time the backup is updated. The contents of the reports can be configured.
- Backup Report Emails: Backup reports can be automatically sent to an email address. That way you can be up-to-date on the state of your backups even when you are on a business trip or if the computer is simply a server in your attic.
- Network support: Files and folders on network drives can also be backed up. The backup data can also be stored on network drives if that is desired.
- Encryption: Backups are strongly encrypted and protected with a user password. The encryption algorithm can be configured, if that is desired.
- Compression: Backups are compressed intelligently to save space. Different compression types are available: from fast ones with moderate compression to slower ones with excellent compression.
- Scheduled: Backups can be started either automatically at scheduled times or manually by clicking a button.
- Storage Types: Backups can be stored on hard disk, USB sticks, network drives and Ocster Secure Storage.
- Supports Ocster Secure Storage:
Stores the files in professional data centers
Much safer than using hard disks or USB sticks
The backups are protected against fire, water damage, lightning, theft, hurricanes, ...
Multiple copies are kept in different locations
The data is transmitted to the data centers via a highly secured internet channel
Available for a small subscription fee.
- Incremental backup: after an initial full backup only the changes to the previous state are stored. This saves space and reduces transfer times.
- Open File Support: Files and folders that are in use can be backed up as well.
- Hard Link and Symbolic Link Support: Hard links and symbolic links can be backed up and are properly restored as hard links and symbolic links.
- Special Files: Compressed, encrypted and sparse files can also be backed up.
- Encryption Algorithms: Backup can be encrypted the following algithms: AES 256 Bit, AES 128 Bit, BlowFish, Cast-128
- Compression Algorithms: The software supports the following compression types: ZLib, LZMA Quick, LZMA Normal, LZMA Best
- Small File Optimization: Through smart uses of compression the software can achieve high compression rates, even with many small files.
Changelog for this release:
- Improved backup engine (speed, error handling)
- Improved support for systems where UAC is disabled
- Multiple other improvements and optimizations