No agent installation. Information is collected, processed and displayed on the same machine where NTFS Security Auditor is installed.
Supports both Ms-Access and SQL Server for data storage.
Report on Shares, folders and files with all their permissions, including Inherited and "Apply To" information, along with additional group membership information of users and nested groups.
Generate a summary of shares and permissions for each domain.
Built-in Reports that have some of the most sought after Security reports such as:
- Permissions for specific users and groups on folders report
- Permissions for folders report
- Permissions for specific users and groups on files report
- Permissions for files report
- Permissions for folders (Inherited & Explicit) report
- Effective permissions for users and groups on folders report
- Effective permissions for users and groups on files report
- Effective permissions for specific users and groups on folders report
- Effective permissions for specific users and groups on files report
- File and Folder Ownership
- Shares Report
- Share permissions report
Perform powerful, conditional Search queries of Permissions on Files and Folders using the Power Search feature. Save frequently used queries for later use.
Ability to restrict the scope by scanning only a predefined subset of Accounts and Computers in the domain by setting up Scan Profiles. Especially useful for medium to large enterprise networks.
Enumerate Computers using the Windows Browser Service or Active Directory.
Customize reports for display.
Security Vulnerabilities reports show possible vulnerabilities in access rights assigned to users and groups on shared folder(s) or file(s).
- All explicit permissions for folders
- Broken inheritance and their permissions for folders
- Permissions for orphaned accounts on folders
- Permissions for disabled user accounts on folders
- Permissions for destructive access on folders
- Deny permissions set for folders (Explicit & Inherited)
- User accounts that have indirect access to folders due to nested group membership
- Effective access for specific users and groups on folders
- Permissions for ‘Everyone™ group on folders