Norman Malware Cleaner is a Norman program utility that may be used to detect and remove specific malicious software (malware).
Note that it should not be used as a substitute for running normal proactive antivirus protection, but rather as a reactive tool to handle systems that are already infected.
By downloading and running the program below it will clean an infected system completely:
* kill running processes that are infected
* remove infections from disk (including ActiveX components and browser helper objects)
* reveal and remove rootkits
* restore correct registry values
* remove references created by malware in hosts file
* remove windows firewall rules for malicious programs
* To give Norman Malware Cleaner the best working conditions possible, we recommend that you start the computer in Safe mode before running the program. To do this, tap the F8 key on your keyboard during startup, before Windows starts, and select Safe mode from the menu that appears.
Pressing the F8 key at just the right time may be a little difficult (after the firmware POST process completes, but before Windows displays graphical output). If the F8 method does not work, repeat the procedure, but press the F8 key more quickly, or press it several times.
On some (older) computers, the F8 key method may not work. In these Windows versions you may also configure your computer to start in Safe mode through the System Configuration Utility (msconfig).
* In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection:
Norman Malware Cleaner - reboot message
When this dialog occurs we recommend that you restart the computer and run Norman Malware Cleaner again to ensure that all infections are removed.
Switches to Norman Malware Cleaner
/iagree Agree to license agreement (popup window suppressed)
/scan Specify file/folder to scan
/norecurse Do not recurse into subfolders. Only valid when used with /scan
/exclude Specify file/folder to exclude
/run Start scanning automatically
/autoboot Reboot automatically after scan if needed
/quiet Do not display GUI
/log Specify log file
/noclean Skip the cleaning process
/nops Skip process scanning
/nounpack Skip archive scanning
/nosysvol Do not scan for changes to system restore after deleting a file
/ List switches
Norman is not liable for any form of loss or damage arising from use of this software or from errors or deficiencies therein, including but not limited to loss of earnings.
This supersedes any other warranties, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
In particular, and without any limitations, Norman will in no event be liable for loss of profits or other commercial damage including but not limited to incidental or consequential damages.
* Supported operating systems: Windows 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and 7.
* Operating systems not supported: Windows 95