Every time that you type an email address or name in the message window of MS-Outlook, it automatically offer you a list of users and email address that you can choose. This feature is known as 'AutoComplete' and Outlook automatically build this emails list according to user activity and save it into a file with .NK2 extension.
In some circumstances, you may need to fix or modify the values appeared in the AutoComplete list, or you may want to remove unwanted email addresses and/or to add new email addresses. MS-Outlook doesn't provide any ability to edit this AutoComplete list, so this is where NK2Edit software can help you.
* Easily modify or fix all information stored in the NK2 file, including the display name, the email address, the exchange string, the Drop-Down display name, and the search string.
* Easily remove unwanted single quote characters from the display name and from the Drop-Down list.
* Delete unwanted emails, as well as add new emails, by typing them manually, or by choosing them from the address book of Outlook.
* Copy NK2 records from one NK2 file to another - simply by copy and paste !
* Build a completely new NK2 file and add the desired emails into it, by typing them manually, by adding them from your address book, or by copying records from another NK2 file.
* Extract data from corrupted NK2 files that Outlook cannot read anymore and even fix them so Outlook will be able to read them again.
* Export all data stored in the NK2 file into a special Unicode text file in a stucture similar to .ini file of Windows. You can open it any text editor you like, make the changes you need, and then convert it back into NK2 file that Outlook can use.
* Export the emails information stored inside NK2 file into HTML/Text/csv/xml file.
* Copy the selected NK2 records in tab-delimited format and then paste the information into Excel.
* Change the order of the records in the NK2 file, which also affects the order they appear in the drop-down. You can also sort the list in alphabetical order of the Drop-Down display names. (However, be aware that Outlook change the order again when the user send emails)
* Command-Line Support: Write simple scripts that can add, remove, or modify records inside the NK2 file, without displaying any user interface.
* NK2Edit is a portable application that can be used from any computer with Windows operating system (Starting from Windows 2000) without need of any installation process, and without making changes in the Registry.
Changelog for this release:
The /LogFile command-line option, which generates a log file with details about every action made by NK2Edit and information about errors/problems, now can be used with /export_to_contacts and /import_address_book command-line option. For example:
nk2edit.exe /logfile "import_address_book_log.txt" /import_address_book "contacts.nk2" "Contacts" "All" 2000
NK2Edit.exe /logfile "export_to_contacts_log.txt" /export_to_contacts $default