MyPrivacy helps you maintain your privacy by cleaning up all the traces of your Internet and computer activity. It helps you erase data you may have entered like personal information, password in online forms, typed URLs in your browser address bar, websites visited (IE History), recent searched and accessed file, Recycle Bin - data that otherwise would be exposed to other users of your computer. It also helps you clear cookies, index.dat file, Windows Run menu, and Windows Temp and Temporary Internet Explorer folders which also hold the traces of your computer and online usage.
The Privacy Issue Uncovered
Your Windows PC and Internet Explorer Browser have several helpful features that help make your computing experience easier. Windows lists the recently viewed files so that you can access them easily. To make your Internet experience more hassle free, Internet Explorer prompts you with previously used entries while you fill a form online. It remembers previously visited websites and displays them all on a drop down menu each time you try to type something new in the address bar.
Why OMNIQUAD MyPrivacy
But the price you pay for these features (of Windows and IE) is a lack of privacy. Anybody who has access to your computer can pry into what you were doing on your system. The documents you worked on, the images you viewed, the applications you used, the websites you visited, even the files or text you searched for or deleted. All these details are exposed for any one interested enough.
How does MyPrivacy work?
MyPrivacy lets you do routine tasks, and still maintains your privacy; HOW?
* Enable/Disable Auto-complete Web addresses for Windows and IE, enable/disable Auto-fill forms and password, clean up typed URLs and IE History, securely clear up Windows Temp & Temporary internet files folder content, manage cookies and clean index.dat file.
* Securely clear up Recycle bin, recently used/accessed/search files and Windows Run menu.
* Configure Windows Media Player to not to display the list of recently accessed files, clear recently accessed file entries and URL list menu.
* Automatically cleans the tracks of your IE activity after every few minutes.
* Choose some or all of the tasks you want to perform each time you log off.
IE Plug-in Analyzer
Browser Helper Objects, or BHOs, are small programs that run automatically every time you start Internet Explorer; they are helpful and aid your browsing experience, but they have the ability to monitor and report your activities; that makes them dangerous. IE Plug-in Analyzer displays all the BHOs installed on your computer and let you enable or disable them; it also displays all the associated details (BHO enabled/disabled state, file name, location of the file and associated Windows registry entry). Disable any BHO you did not install yourself (which probably was installed by some other software without your knowledge).
* Cleans up all your Internet Explorer, Netscape, MS Office and Windows usage traces
* Comes with IE plug-in analyzer (also known as BHO blocker; usually a separate product)
* User friendly wizard to configure clean up settings
* Securely deletes usage traces in such a way that data recovery tools cannot recover data
* Option to securely delete contents of a folder (usually a separate product)
* Automatically performs clean-up task each time you log off
* Hotkeys for closing specified applications, performing clean up action and for Windows shutdown
* Easy access to all the shared file/folder in a network
* Monitors network (UDP/TCP) connection
* Process viewer to view (or end task) the running applications (usually a separate product)
* Downloads product updates automatically
Pentium Class or higher,300 Mhz Processor, 64 MB RAM, 20 MB HDD