muCommander is a lightweight, cross-platform file manager featuring a Norton Commander style interface and running on any operating system with
Java support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, *BSD, Solaris...).
Here's a non-exhaustive list of what you'll find:
- Virtual filesystem with local volumes, FTP, SFTP, SMB, NFS, HTTP and Bonjour support
- Quickly copy, move, rename files, create directories, email files...
- Browse, create and uncompress ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZip, BZip2, ISO/NRG, AR/Deb and LST archives
- ZIP files can be modified on-the-fly, without having to recompress the whole archive
- Universal bookmarks and credentials manager
- Multiple windows support
- Full keyboard access
- Highly configurable
- Free Software (GPL)
- Available in 22 languages : American & British English, French, German, Spanish, Czech, Simplified & Traditional Chinese, Polish, Hungarian, Russian, Slovenian, Romanian, Italian, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Slovak, Japanese, Swedish, Danish and Ukrainian
Changelog for this release:
- Natural file ordering, suggested by 'andraaspar' in the forums. All symbols now come before digits (ticket #282).
- Improved the display of filenames when they are not entirely visible, by removing characters in the middle so that
both ends of the filename are visible.
- Current folder is now automatically changed to a workable folder when it is no longer available (ticket #333).
- Upgraded the JmDNS library (used for Bonjour support) to version 3.1.
- Upgraded the jCIFS library (used for SMB support) to version 1.3.14.
- New: Turkish translation, contributed by Emre Ayta
- New: Catalan translation, contributed by Jordi Plantalech
- New: Belarusian translation, contributed by vboo.
- New: Norwegian translation, contributed by Ingrid Amundsen.
- Russian translation updated. Update contributed by Alexey Sirotov.
- Pack dialog now implements the same filename selection algorithm as other dialogs (ticket #167).
- When an invalid destination was entered in a transfer dialog, the spinning dial icon would keep spinning.
- Fixed an issue that would occur when creating directories whose extension match that of one of the supported archive
formats (see ticket #360).
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the deletion of S3 files to fail.
Java 1.4 and above