MainType is a powerful but easy to use font manager and font viewer for Windows, that takes the frustration out of managing your fonts. It is packed with tons of intuitive features that makes it simple to find, preview, organize, install, and print your fonts.
It includes features for novice users who just want to view and install fonts as well as advanced features for graphic designers and typographers. In order to find the right fonts for your needs, the software includes filter and sort functionality. MainType provides immediate system-wide font synchronization, with no need to refresh font lists or reboot the computer after installing fonts. The software contains a font information pane that reveals important typographic data and a groups pane that helps you quickly organize all your fonts. Nice touches are drag and drop capabilities and the ability to insert characters into background applications.
MainType works with TrueType, OpenType, TrueType Collections, Postscript Type 1, vector and raster fonts. You can preview and browse fonts on any drive, before installing them. MainType supports all seventeen planes defined in the Unicode character database and displays all characters grouped in Unicode blocks. MainType allows you to generate an HTML-based overview of any of your fonts, print outstanding reports and export font information to clipboard and text.
* Install, uninstall, load and unload fonts
* Preview and browse fonts on any drive or directory without installation
* Full Unicode support
* Character grid with Unicode block navigation
* Print and print preview your fonts
* Support all popular font formats and more: TrueType, OpenType, TrueType Collections, Postscript Type 1, Vector and Raster fonts
* Move, copy, rename and delete fonts
* Full drag and drop support
* Insert characters into background applications
* Font export wizard generates a HTML-based overview of all your fonts
Changelog for this release:
* Better handling of font substitutes
* New context menu item: Open Containing Folder
* New filter option, Font Type: Unknown
* Added Foundry and a Full Font Name (Postscript) columns to the Fonts pane
* Show all Glyphs option
* Fixed issues with PostScript Type 1 fonts on Windows x64
* New setting for font display quality (aliased/ cleartype, etc)
* Automatic online version checking
* Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, NT, Me, 98 or 95
* 16 MB of free disk space