Jaikoz uses MusicBrainz, an online database of over nine million songs. Many of these songs also have an Acoustic Id provided by AmpliFIND, allowing a song to be identified by the actual music, so it can do a match even if you have no metadata! These feature means that Jaikoz gives you the flexibility to lookup your songs by both the acoustic id and the metadata making Jaikoz a very accurate tool. But no identification system is 100% accurate so we have made it as quick and easy as possible to edit your data manually as well using a convenient spreadsheet view, with many autoformatting features.
-> Supports Mp4, M4p, M4a, Mp3, Wma, Flac and Ogg Audio Files
-> Acoustic matching using MusicBrainz and MusicIP to match tracks based on the actual music
-> MetaData matching using MusicBrainz to match tracks from the metadata in your files
-> Detail Panel, allows easy editing of the current record with support for extra iTunes and MusicBrainz fields
-> Automatically retrieve artwork from Internet
-> Automatically updates your iTunes library with changes made in Jaikoz
-> Tag Browser to filter your Audio files
-> Powerful Find and Replace feature for any data
-> Intelligent AutoMatch compares different Audio files and finds field matches and then allows all similar fields to be formatted the same
-> Intelligent AutoFormat provides automatic capitalization, conversion of special words and removal of invalid and punctuation characters
-> Intelligent FileName to Tagger can extract information from the filename into the tag without having to know the format of the field
-> Rename filenames and folders from your metadata in your chosen format
-> AutoCorrect can be used to perform automatic formatting of your chosen columns in a single click
-> Provides full support of all text fields and easy tagging of large number of audio files
-> The innovative split screen spreadsheet view allows easy comparison of changes during editing
-> Automatically keeps v1 and v2 tags synchronised
-> Full Unicode support allow any character from any language to be used
-> Easy conversion of tags between version
-> Displays what is actually contained in the tag allowing the user full control
-> Jaikoz runs on Mac OS X (v10.4 and above), Windows and Linux
-> Jaikoz is Internationalized, currently supports English, Spanish and German
Changelog for this release:
- Now when load songs from the Jaikoz cache they should load much quicker.
- When you edit a field use keyboard it now clears the field to make it easy to add a new value
- Status column now uses icons to show the status of different songs.
- Edited and Deleted status now uses a more stylish gradient colour.
- Removed the concept of the Missing Colour because it was confusing and not very useful.
- No longer force a name to be required when adding artwork to a Mp3 using a popup.
- Unable to start editing some fields when only using the keyboard
- If copy and paste cells using keyboard shortcuts instead of the mouse you can't then exit out of the field
- Only some artwork is getting updated for a release
- Jaikoz doesn't trim brackets round Discogs artist matches when multiple artists with same name
- Occasional Nullpointer error saving images
- DiscTotal, TrackTotal and some other new fields now included in export
- Occasional IllegalArgumentException on saving files
- Drag and drop of playlist from iTunes to Jaikoz fails if iTunes list contains a dead track
- Jaikoz failing on some Windows 64 installations, need to copy over MSVCR71.dll