IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer.
It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.
IrfanView is trying to create new and/or interesting features in its own way, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.
Some features of IrfanView:
* Many supported file formats
* Multi language support
* Thumbnail/preview option
* Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
* Toolbar skins option
* Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
* Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
* Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
* Fast directory view (moving through directory)
* Batch conversion (with image processing)
* Multipage TIF editing
* File search
* Email option
* Multimedia player
* Print option
* Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
* Change color depth
* Scan (batch scan) support
* IPTC editing
* Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
* Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
* Lossless JPG rotation
* Unicode support
* Many hotkeys
* Many command line options
* Many PlugIns
* Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like "I Agree" or "Evaluation expired"
* No registry changes without user action/permission!
Changelog for this release:
New Options menu/feature: Export image tiles (split image)
New Options menu: Hotfolder (Watch folder and show new images)
New view modes in Thumbnails window: Tiles, Details and List mode
New feature: (new) "IrfanView Shell Extension" available on PlugIns website
(= adds Context menu with some IrfanView operations to Windows Explorer)
Thanks to Michael Dunn!
New options in the "Adobe 8BF filters" dialog (Thanks to Frank/jazzman)
Improved speed in the LCMS (Color Management) PlugIn
Added support for old formats like: Amiga, Atari, C64, ZX Spectrum etc.
Thanks to Piotr Fusik! (RECOIL support in Formats PlugIn)
New Print dialog features: Borderless print, Negative positions, better preview
New command line option: /makecopy, a flag for /convert
=> if destination file exists, save new file as copy: (1), (2), (3) etc.
Option to add max. 10 external editors (for advanced users): Properties->Misc
Option to Drag&Drop current file to other programs: SHIFT + left mouse + drag
New Print dialog option: Always use default printer at dialog start
New hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + N = Negative image (all channels)
Better support for high resolution screens (high DPI)
Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions