With InterMapper, network managers get complete visibility of their network, no matter how small and centralized or large and distributed. Live maps give a visual, real-time view of traffic flows through and between network elements and links. Status Windows and Strip Charts provide easy access to critical network data (traffic, errors, utilization and outage information) simplifying problem diagnosis and device maintenance.
InterMapper shows you potential network problems -- often before users and customers suffer downtime or poor performance. SNMP and ping probes discover and query elements across your distributed network - whether it spans several rooms, a building, an office park, or distributed locations. Synthetic transactions test critical applications and alert you to email, web, or directory server problems. The fully integrated InterMapper Flows module analyzes network traffic and tells you who is generating network traffic during specific time periods and where they are located. You gain highly detailed network traffic analyses that reveal bandwidth hogs.
InterMapper provides a network management solution that installs quickly and easily, autodiscovers and creates a map of your network and its interconnections in less time than it takes to describe it and lets you do useful work right away.
Under the covers theres a lot more to see that will make your job easier and life a lot more pleasant. InterMapper lets you know there are problems before the phone calls start coming in and helps you plan for the future.
* Live network maps update every 30 seconds (default setting)
* Integration with Google Earth to provide an attractive non-technical view of the network
* Probe Groups represent multiple tests for a device in a single icon
* NetFlow Analysis shows bandwidth usage
* Server and Application monitoring
* Diagnostics and Real-time Reporting
* SQL Database and Data Reporting
* Flexible Alerting and Notifications
* Scalable, Distributed Monitoring
* Microburst Level Visibility
* Data Import and Export
* Secure access, using SSL, LDAP, Active Directory, Open Directory, Radius, Kerberos
* Easy Implementation, fast return on investment
Live, at-a-glance geographic and hierarchical network views provide
* Traffic flow, packet loss, and utilization statistics
* Device performance and outages
* Network topology and device location
* Top-level summary and sub-map detail
Real-Time Network Performance and Fault Monitoring
* Traffic statistics and other data retrieved via SNMP
* Packet loss and slow response trigger alerts
* Fast and efficient SNMP/ping engine for thousands of devices
* Default 30-second polling interval displays current information, not from five minutes ago
* Higher polling rates can detect microbursts that signal problems
* Instant reprobe allows real-time checks on current conditions
Configurable alerts and notifications
* Multi-level alerts for warning, alarm, critical and down conditions
* Send notifications to to pagers, cell phones, email addresses, syslogs, pop-up messages, sounds
* Optionally suppress notifications for devices behind a failed router or switch
* Escalation policies easily implemented
Application and System Monitoring
* Application and server response times, outages, and performance monitored
* Over 150 built-in probes return device-specific performance and diagnostic data
* Simulate user actions to gauge response times
* End-to-end testing proves customers can access resources
Architected for any network infrastructure
* High-performance polling engine tests thousands of devices on a local network to reduce traffic.
* Scalable to monitor remote locations: place a polling engine at the remote site, and only summary information comes back across wide area links
* Monitors equipment from any vendor: Cisco, Juniper, HP, IBM, and anything that speaks SNMP
* Custom probes test devices that dont have built-in probes
* Platform agnostic: runs on Windows, MacOS X, Linux, and Unix
Loyal customer base and active community; great technical assistance
* User community creates custom probes, notifiers, and offers tips
* Detailed Knowledge Base provides support and assistance
* Prompt technical support with impeccable answers
Changelog for this release:
- New Report Types/Templates - Version 5.5 introduces report templates, predefined reports that prompt the user for key settings, and use those settings to generate a report. The result can be saved as another report. Templates are available for service level agreement, event history, dataset chart, top “N”, details, and outages.
- New, Load, and Save Reports pages - the Load and Save pages are easier to use, and the New Report page simplifies the creation of a new report.
- CSV Export - InterMapper Reports now exports reports in CSV format.
- Performance and disk usage - The database uses less disk space, adds data more quickly, and starts up faster.
- Maintenance Tasks - Improvements to the daily and weekly automatic maintenance tasks allow the maintenance tasks to use a new behavior that takes less time, uses less memory, and improves the performance of subsequent database operations.
Strip Charts and InterMapper Database:
- Easy Chart Creation and Viewing - In the Status Window, when you click on a chartable value, a menu pops up, allowing you to choose to create a new chart or to raise and/or go to an existing chart which contains this dataset.
- More Information Available in the Chart Window - In the Chart Window, you may now right-click on a dataset legend and choose “Show Device” to have InterMapper indicate in the Map or List Views which device the dataset belongs to.
- More Information Available in the Chart View - In Chart View, datasets are now be displayed along with the charts containing them. Creation date, source, type, and the filename for the associated chart file are also displayed. You may show the chart or device associated with a dataset, rename or remove the dataset and export or delete data from the dataset.
- New Dataset View - In the new dataset view, devices and interfaces with chartable values will be displayed in a filter on the left-hand side of the window. You may select one or more devices or interfaces; the union of the chartable values will appear on the right-hand side, along with the type and retention policy for the values. You may set or adjust retention policies for the values here.
- Easier Access to Retention Policies - The Retention Policies server settings panel now allows you to add, delete, and edit retention policy definitions directly, rather than requiring you to go to the IMDC interface.
Improved Control of Device Labels:
Layer 2 Enhancements:
- IP Conflicts - InterMapper will automatically indicate IP conflicts when it finds devices with same IP address associated with more than one switch port.
- Ignore IP Addresses - In the "Set Behavior…" window for a device, you may uncheck "Poll this address for Layer 2 information" to ignore this IP address in the Layer 2 feature.
- Additional Flags - InterMapper will automatically detect and flag the spanning-tree root. It will also flag "loop ports" where a switch port is plugged into another port on the same switch. In addition, you may manually flag switch ports or vlans as wireless and endpoints as virtual machines by right-clicking on the switch port, vlan, or endpoint and selecting an item from the Tag submenu.
- Minor tweaks to the server settings dialog - The server settings Layer 2 Features panel now includes a count of the number of Layer-2-enabled maps and a link to a dialog allowing you to enable or disable Layer 2 on specific maps.
- New location of InterMapper Settings folder for Windows users - InterMapper's installer places the InterMapper Settings folder in Windows' preferred location unless you specify otherwise.
1 GHz computer;512 MBytes RAM;100 MBytes disk