Usability and functionality were our Polestar, while we were developing the new version of IconUtils. IconUtils is a complete workshop for icon crafting. The suite consists of several programs; each was designed to process icons in its special way: IconLover is an icon, cursor, image editor and manager; Any to Icon is a converter for converting graphic format files to icons; Icon to Any is a converter for converting icons to various formats of graphic files; AhaView is a handy picture viewer and converter. Downloading huge collections of icons from the Internet and creating icons, cursors, gif-buttons and toolbars will be a piece of cake.
IconLover has a good hand at finding, extracting icons and cursors, creating and editing icons and cursors, importing and exporting icons and cursors and managing icon and cursor libraries. IconLover is fitted out with different paint tools, including enhanced gradient fills, which allow you to process images with color depths up to 32-bit True Color. The new version has the following novelties: support for Windows Vista icons, ability to draw smooth lines and shapes, ability to print icon images, brightness, contrast, smooth and sharpness effects, new color palette. You can convert images to cursors and import cursors from icon and library files and from executables.
Any to Icon and Icon to Any are two smart image converters, which virtually efface format distinctions and make your work with images a child's play. BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, ICO, CUR, WBMP, PSD, XPM, XBM are main supported formats. The converters have a wizard style interface, which makes it simple to process multiple files at a time. AhaView is another vital part of IconUtils. It supports all popular graphic formats, helps you to browse images in the thumbnail mode, view pictures full screen with zooming features, convert images and manage files. IconUtils has all you need to express your artistic nature and create your own unique icons.
With IconUtils you can:
* Create and edit icons in either standard or custom sizes, in color depths up to 32-bit True Color
* Create and edit smooth semi-transparent icons for Windows XP
* Create and edit static and animated cursors
* Paint images with gradient and chess fill
* Modify images with drop shadow, smooth, grayscale, rotate, roll and mirror effects
* Make icons and cursors from various graphic formats, including ICO, BMP, JPEG, ANI, CUR, GIF, PNG, TIFF, PCX, WMF, WBMP, XPM, XBM and Adobe Photoshop PSD
* Convert Mac icons to Windows format
* Create icons for Mac OSX Leopard with sizes up to 512x512
* Save icon images as ICO, BMP, JPEG, CUR, PNG, WBMP, XBM, XPM, PSD (Adobe Photoshop) and RC (Resource Compiler) files
* Convert multiple files at once
* Create and manage icon and cursor libraries for better and more efficient storage
* Extract icons and cursors from Windows executables, libraries and animated cursor files
* Modify icons inside executables
* Search in folders for icons and cursors
* Customize desktop and folder icons
* View images fullscreen
* Browse folders in thumbnail mode
* Convert images to BMP, JPEG and PNG formats
32MB RAM, Pentium-233 MHz, 8MB Hard Disk