HP Deskjet 840C series printers make photo-quality color Inkjet printing fast, easy, and reliable. They provide crisp, laser-sharp, black text and brilliant photo-quality color with HP Color Layering Technology. HP Deskjet 840C series printers provide extraordinary results even on everyday plain paper. It prints on a variety of paper types and sizes, including banners, greeting cards, envelopes, and labels.
The HP Deskjet 840C series printer features are as follows:
*Laser quality black text and vibrant color graphics.
*Brilliant photo-quality images on any paper with HP Color Layering Technology.
* HP Colorsmart - what shows on the screen is what prints.
*Universal Serial Bus (USB)-capability.
USB Installation Instructions:
1. Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:dj840 before downloading the printer driver.
2. Download the driver to the newly created c:dj840 folder.
3. Open the c:dj840 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file.
4. Under c:dj840 folder a folder such as, "2kxpinf" will be displayed. This folder was created by double-clicking on the downloaded "exe" file.
5. Power on your printer, and connect your printer to the computer with a USB cable.
Note: You may see dialog boxes next to your task bar indicating "Found New Hardware" . This dialog is indicating that the "Basic" print driver included in the Windows XP operating system is being installed. Ignore these dialog boxes and continue.
6. Click "Start" , then "Printers and Faxes"
Note: You may see the "hp deskjet 840c" in this window. This is the "Basic" print driver included in the Windows XP operating system. Continuing on with these instructions will install the "Enhanced" HP Print Driver.
7. Click "Add a Printer" under printer tasks
8. Click "Next". Ignore the message about "Plug and Play"
9. Uncheck the box next to "Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer".
10. Click "Next"
11. Next to "Use the following port:" Select the USB Port in the dropdown menu. This is usually "USB001"
12. Click "Have Disk"
13. Click "Browse" and go to the folder, "c:dj8402kxpinfenudriverswin2k_xp". A file named hpf840k.INF will be displayed. Select the file name and Click "Open".
14. Click "OK" to continue.
15. Click "Next"
16. If you would like to use this printer as your default printer, verify "Yes" is selected and Click "Next".
17. Select "Yes" or "No" to print a test page and Click "Next".
Note: If you choose to print a test page, it will print after the printer has finished installing.
Click "Finish" to complete the installation process. The "hp deskjet 840c series" printer will be added to the "Printers and Faxes" Window.
Note: There may be another printer driver labeled "hp deskjet 840c" present in the "Printers and Faxes" window.
The resolution, or clarity, of a document is measured by dots-per-inch (dpi). The dpi is the number of dots of ink per inch that the printer places on a page to produce an image.
Drop-on-demand thermal Inkjet printing
Printer command language
HP PCL Level 3