Handy Backup Server is a complete server-based network backup solution for small business enterprises. The utility lets you back up and recover data stored on both central server and remote computers, on a client-server scheme. Workstation backup tasks can run as service under Windows 2008/2003 Server or Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, absolutely unnoticeably and not interfering with employees\' work. Handy Backup Server allows backing up not only individual files and folders, but also creating drive images - backups of operating system and all applications. All workstation backup tasks are fully automated and run with low system priority which allows performing them during work hours. Comprehensible user interface provides easy step-by-step adjustment of network backup, with options of compression, encryption and flexible task scheduling. E-mail notifications, command line interface, Windows Explorer integration and log file generation ease task management by system administrator. Besides files, folders and HDD images, the program features plug-ins for backing up MS Exchange, MS SQL, DB2 databases and Lotus Notes/Domino data stored on the central server. Also, you can back up Oracle database and ODBC-compatible databases that can be located on both local server and remote workstations. Data transferred to the central server can be stored on the widest range of backup media: you can backup to FTP, SFTP, Network, FireWire and USB hard/flash drives, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and much more. Detailed online help is available. Centralized workstation backup and an ability of fast system recovery distinguish Handy Backup Server from other network backup software. The utility proudly carries the \"Works with Windows Server 2008\" and \"Compatible with Windows 7\" logos and is acknowledged as one of the best tools for backup and recovery of the entire office network or a local server.
Handy Backup Disaster Recovery - System Recovery Drive Software, is included in Server package.
* Centralized backup of all corporate data, operated from a single server and invisible for users on remote workstations (running as a Windows service).
* Full and incremental backup of workstations and the central server.
* Enhanced server backup: backing up of ODBC databases (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, FoxPro, MS Access, etc.).
* Advanced plug-ins that allow saving MS Exchange Server, Oracle, MS SQL, DB2 and Lotus Notes/Domino data during remote workstation backup and local server backup.
* Minimal consumption of system resources, allowing to perform workstation backup tasks in working hours.
* Image backup of server and workstations (backing up the entire hard drive including all primary, logical and extended partitions, system and boot records).
* Backing up of Microsoft® Word documents, Excel files, PowerPoint files, etc. (using file filtering).
* Excluding temporal, system and other files from backup (using file filtering).
* Bi-directional synchronization of network computers
Management and Control Functions
* Scheduling backup tasks for one or several workstations, at certain times or events
* Backup of missed tasks
* Launching other applications on Handy Backup Server machine before or after backup tasks
* Backup verification after burning to CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD
* Backup images spanning when burning to CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD DVD
* E-mail notification after backing up of remote workstations
Easy Data Restore
* A single click on the administrator\'s computer to restore any remote workstation\'s files and folders
* Easy restoration of the entire hard disk, any separate partition, or a set of partitions of any workstation or the central server
* Share data by restoring backed up files or disk images to remote workstations
Changelog for this release:
Automatic open file backup in real time and on a schedule, with numerous plug-ins available.
17.2 MB of free disk space
30 days trial