Download Google Talk and get:
* Instant messaging - Chat with all of your Google Talk and Gmail contacts in real time.
* Gmail notifications on your desktop - When you're signed into Google Talk, you'll be notified of new messages in your Gmail inbox.
* PC-to-PC voice calls - You can talk to anyone else for free who's online and has the Google Talk client.
* Unlimited file transfers — Send files to your contacts. There are no file size or bandwidth restrictions.
* Send and receive voicemails— If the person you're calling isn't available, you can leave a voicemail.
Add the web-based Google Talk gadget to iGoogle:
Talk on your homepage
iGoogle lets you gather fun and useful gadgets, including Google Talk, all into one place.
Media previews inline
Preview video and slideshow URLs from YouTube and Picasa Web Albums in your chats.
Invite multiple people to chat with you in a group
New on Google Talk
Chatback makes it easy for visitors to your blog or website to see if you are available and chat with you. They don't need to be one of your contacts or even have a Google Talk account, and you can keep your Google Talk ID private.
Send a message in one language and have it instantly translated into another. Just add a translation bot to your contacts using the following format: [from language]2[to language]@bot.talk.google.com. There are 24 bots available:
(ar = Arabic, de = German, el = Greek, en = English, es = Spanish, fr = French, it = Italian, ja = Japanese, ko = Korean, nl = Dutch, ru = Russian, zh = Chinese)
Now you can see and chat with your AIM and Google Talk buddies at the same time, right from Gmail. Just log in to your AIM account through the options in Gmail chat, and you will see your AIM buddies with the yellow “running man” logo to the right of their screen names.