Solfege is free music education software.
Use it to train your rhythm, interval, scale and chord skills. Solfege - Smarten your ears!
* Recognise melodic and harmonic intervals
* Compare interval sizes
* Sing the intervals the computer asks for
* Identify chords
* Sing chords
* Remembering rhythmic patterns
Solfege will play a harmonic or melodic interval, and you should name it.
Solfege will show you an interval in music notation and play the first note. You try to sing the second. The correct answer is then played so you can compare.
Solfege plays you four beats of random rhythmic cells. You try to recognise them.
Solfege shows you a chord in music notation and play the tone A (440 hz). You try to sing the rest of the chord. The correct answer is then played so you can compare.
Solfege has more than 80 different scale exercises practising more than 70 different scales.
Changelog for this release:
* win32 build fix: don't run generate_theory_ly.py
* added generic idbyname help file
* New C-locale screenshots of the preferences window
* MIDI instrument selection bugfixes
* rhytmdictation: add count-in
* alsa_sequencer: implement the stop method
* rhythmwidget: add more keyboard accels and autoscroll to that the cursor always is visible + tie bug fix
* identifybpm: play rhythms with the normal mpd API instead of gobject.timeout_add
o bug fixes to the new mpd code
o visual improvements to tuplets + handle tuplet with a single note.
* don't crash on unicode BOM in lesson files.
* select to use the ALSA sequencer when choosing which sequencer to use