GiMeSpace Desktop extender is the standard edition of the virtual desktop manager. It is a small and very simple program for Windows XP or later versions that will allow you to expand your desktop without any limits. When you move your mouse to the edge of your screen you will notice that your desktop extends beyond the borders of your normal desktop. It provides a cheap alternative for adding more monitors to your computer. Some graphic cards offer the option of hardware panning when the physical screen is smaller then the hardware buffer. This program is offering a similar function, but the size of your desktop is much bigger (no limits!). And now since version 2 you can also make the size of your windows bigger then your physical screen resolution! You can save and restore your window positions and sizes. And you can also limit your virtual desktop size to the space used by your application windows. Great for people with small screens like netbooks, etc. Try out the free trial version to experience the freedom of more desktop space!
How it works:
Very simple, just move the mouse cursor to the edge of your screen and you will notice that your desktop extends beyond the borders of your screen! (you will only see this when another window is open!)
- When Scroll lock is on, the screen will not scroll any more. Turn it off when you want to scroll again. (finally this key has a function!)
- When you press Shift and Control together the desktop will always scroll when you move the mouse. You can also select the 'Always scroll' option in the options tab.
- When you press Control and Alt together you can scroll with the mouse a whole screen at a time.
- In the Desktop tab you have an overview of all your open windows. Click the mouse in the middle of the window you want to see to make it appear on your screen. You can also click its associated button on the task bar to make it appear on your screen.
- Whenever you need to access this control panel, click on the GiMeSpace icon in the system tray (looks like a mouse cursor with red arrows in 4 directions).
- To exit this program, click the right mouse button on the GiMeSpace icon in the system tray, and select the 'exit' option from the popup menu.