GFI MailSecurity for Exchange/SMTP is an email security, exploit detection, threats analysis and anti-virus solution that removes all types of email-borne threats before they can affect an organization?s email users.
GFI MailSecurity uses 5 virus scanners to scan inbound email, which include McAfee, Kaspersky and BitDefender. This unique feature drastically reduces the average time to obtain virus signatures which combat the latest threats, and therefore greatly reduces the chances of an infection.
Other key features include an email content and attachment checking module, to quarantine dangerous attachments and content; an exploit shield, to protect against present and future viruses based on exploits (e.g., Nimda, Bugbear); an HTML threats engine, to disable HTML scripts; and a Trojan & Executable Scanner, to detect malicious executables.
GFI MailSecurity is available as an SMTP gateway version and for VS API. The gateway version should be deployed at the perimeter of the network as a mail relay server and scans inbound and outbound mail. The VS API version integrates seamlessly with Exchange Server 2000/2003 and scans the Exchange 2000/2003 information stores. Both versions can be deployed simultaneously to achieve optimum protection.
* Virus checking with multiple anti-virus scanning engines
* Scan for trojans and executables
* Email exploit detection engine
* Attachment checking
* Granular user-based email content policies/filtering
* Norman Virus Control & BitDefender virus engines are included
* Kaspersky, McAfee and AVG virus engines (optional)
* Automatic removal of HTML scripts
* Spyware detection
* Multiply the value of GFI MailSecurityTM with powerful reporting
* Custom quarantine filters
* Enable easy quarantine folder monitoring through RSS feeds
* Web-based configuration enables remote management from any location
* Approve/reject quarantined email using the moderator client, email client or web-based moderator
* Searching within quarantined emails
* Full threat reporting for quarantined emails
Windows 2000 Server/Advanced Server, Windows 2003 Server/Advanced Server or Windows XP.