If you are still using the biggest programming mistake ever made - an ill-thought solution called Windows Explorer, you are wasting your time of your valuable. There are much better file manager alternatives that are easier to use and offer more options. Take Frigate 3, for example.
This is a two-pane file manager, the format that is extremely convenient when it comes to working with files.
The program supports plug-ins for Total Commander (formerly Windows Commander) and has folder synchronization feature with FTP support. Since most file manager users are professionals, Frigate 3 is packed with great perks to the brink. Like music? This file manager comes with an audio/video file player/viewer and MP3 tag editor. Use images in daily operations? Great, because Frigate 3 comes with an image converter and a viewer with thumbnail and slideshow functions. Naturally, Frigate 3 offers extensive network and FTP file management features along with powerful "search and replace" functions that support regular expressions.
Frigate 3 is really crammed with excellent and very useful options, like side-by-side text file comparison with differences being highlighted. Developers are sure to appreciate built-in Hex editor, DBF editor and HTML viewer, as well as other handy extras, like TreeNotes, Quick Launch, Startup Manager or SmartPad.
Getting overwhelmed with Frigate's capabilities? Not to worry - the program is using module-based architecture, meaning you can turn off any viewer or editor you don't need. Likewise, you can take advantage of Frigate's jumbo plug-in collection and add some exotic option 99% percent of users would never need.
With own FTP client and a zip file manager, Frigate 3 is a best candidate for the Net's most convenient file manager/Explorer replacement for Windows.
For your own opinion about Frigate 3, download your free trial version now.
* Highly configurable and convenient file management environment.
* Transparent interface. Now you can view the files on ftp or in the archive as easily as you would do it on your local computer.
* Quick view for browsing your photo and music collection or for sorting out the random chaos of your Downloads folder.
* A number of file viewers that can handle DBF, RTF, HTML, DOC, Excel and other formats.
* Additional utilities included (TreeNotes, StartUp Manager, Calculator, SmartPad and Directory Size Manager).
* Handy navigation:
o Quick folders (bookmarks). You can easily access the folder that you use most often;
o Favorites (similar to IE's Favorites);
o The history of moving around the folders, history of file operations (View and Edit);
* Built-in file viewers supporting image viewing (.jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, .gif, .ico, .tif, .tiff, .png, .wmf, .emf, .pcx, .tga), Abdobe Photoshop(.psd), text editing, web contents (HTML) browsing, hex viewing, and much more.
A standard Windows PC